Chapter 15

You were sitting on the couch, facing Austin. You were being bombarded with questions as you stared blankly past Austin, at the dirty white wall behind him.

Less than five minutes ago, Austin had interrupted Jeff's orders and threats. Jeff had taken off, leaving you completely unharmed. And now, now you were being interrogated by a protective, worried Austin.

"Aust-" You started.

"(Y/n), why the hell was Jeff here? What did he say to you? Are you sure he didn't do ANYTHING at all to-"

"Austin."

"He could've hurt you. Damn, I should've stayed down here. Was he threatening you? Is he going to come back? I'll kill him next time he steps foot in this-"

"AUSTIN!" You shouted, pulling Austin out of his mindless rambling.

"WHAT?"

"Jeff didn't threaten me. He isn't going to come back."

"How do you know?"

"He told me that trying to kill me was a waste of his time, and that he's going to move onto new targets. For now, at least."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Austin, I'm sure."

You let out a sigh, your fingers nervously combing through your (h/l), (h/c) hair.

"(Y/n), are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's get to that movie now, yeah?"

"Alright. I'll go grab the snacks then. You... Just stay here."

Austin stood up and disappeared into the kitchen, leaving you to drown in your pool of thoughts.

'Should I meet Jeff at midnight?' You wondered. 'I don't think I can trust him at all. But if this 'Slendy' guy really exists, and he will do what Jeff said he would, I shouldn't bail on showing up. Jeff may just kill me...'

You bit your lip, a slightly confused look flashing across your face.

Your favorite movie, (f/m), started to play on the tv screen.

Austin glanced at you a few times out of the corner of his eye, the snacks on the coffee table that sat in front of the couch.

You didn't notice Austin's return, your mind continuing to consider any options you had for tonight.

Suddenly, you felt a pair of warm, strong arms wrap around you, pulling you into someone's chest.

You were pulled out of your thoughts by this gesture, and the sudden warmth that enveloped your body.

"Austin? What are you..." You trailed off, looking into his eyes.

"You looked worried and nervous. I thought maybe a best friend hug would help."

You looked down, feeling bad for not telling Austin the truth. He always worried about you, and naturally, he wanted to help you. Plus, you knew he would panic and worry about you I'd he woke up to find you nowhere to be seen tonight.

"Austin."

"Yeah?"

"I have something to tell you... About Jeff's visit earlier." You murmured into his shoulder.

"(Y/n), you don't have to tell me. And I knew you were lying."

"How?"

"It's just something a best friend can point out. Don't worry, you're not a bad liar or anything. If that's what you were worried about."