Chapter 8

LIAP Ch. 8

"Austin, stop it!" You shouted, laughing like a child as he tickled you relentlessly. He tickled you with his right hand, while his left arm tried to hold you down on the couch.

"Never! This is war, (y/n)!" Austin yelled back.

As you laughed, you gripped Austin's left arm, trying to get him to stop.

Austin sucked in a breath, gritting his teeth.

You let go of his arm immediately. "Austin, are you okay? I'm sorry." You said, worried.

"I'm fine. It's nothing. Just a shock." Austin smiled brightly, in attempt to get you to stop worrying.

"Austin, I know you're lying. Lemme see."

"I said there's-"

"Too bad."

You pulled up the sleeve of his left arm, your eyes widening. "Austin! How'd this happen?"

Austin looked down at the long, deep cut on his left bicep.

"I was walking to a store to buy some stuff, when some guy jumped out, trying to steal my money. It's no biggie, really, I'm fine."

"Let me treat this. I have some stuff. Stay here." You mumbled as you stood up and left to go fetch some supplies.

"As if I would leave. I wouldn't leave you for the world." Austin murmured quietly after you left.

A few moments later, you walked back into the room and sat next to Austin on the couch. You peeled the small, bloody bandage off of Austin's cut. You quickly cleaned it, ignoring his overly dramatic grimaces and grunts. You rewrapped the wound and steppe away, smiling at Austin.

"There you go, all..." You trailed off, as your eyes settled on Jeff's figure outside the window. Jeff smiled widely at you, his mouth bleeding fresh blood as he traced his knife over the 'forever' smile he calls his own.

"(Y/n), is something up?" Austin asked.

You shook your head, but kept your gaze on Jeff.

Austin turned around, following your gaze. "What are you looking at?"

Jeff disappeared as quickly as he appeared, not allowing Austin to catch a glimpse of him.

You looked at Austin. "Nothing. I just thought I saw something."

"Saw what?" He asked.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Now, anything else I can do to make your wound feel better?" You asked.

As soon as you said that, Austin gave you his most toothy grin. "I'm glad you asked. I want a kiss to make my boo-boo feel better~"

You facepalmed.

"You're such a child." You giggled, as you ruffled Austin's dark brown hair.

You looked down at Austin, your beautiful (e/c) eyes meeting his grassy green ones. You and Austin both stayed silent, unable to break the silence, unable to break the eye contact. It was as if time was frozen.

Suddenly, your lips curled up into a smile, an you flicked Austin's forehead.

"What was that for?" Austin whined, despite his wide grin.

"For not telling me about your wound."

"I didn't think it was a big deal."

"It could've been if I didn't treat it. " You retorted.