Chapter 39

A few weeks passed before Sally suddenly wanted to have her little girls-only party, announcing it on the very day she decided to have it.

That was what you were spending your Friday doing.

You grinned at Sally, who was trying her hand at makeup. She was currently putting eyeshadow on your eyelids, unaware of how messy her hands were getting in the process.

Flick, Insona, Jane, Alex, Gabby, Freakshow, and Angel were all gathered in Sally's room for her girls-only party... Which meant it was also time for girl talk.

Angel was singing quietly, her voice hauntingly infatuating, the words flowing like honey. She enjoyed singing- she sang quite often, as you had come to notice.

"So, how's the boyfriend~" Gabby chirped, smiling widely.

"Same as usual?" Your response came out more like a question as you raised your eyebrow at the girl's inquiry. "I don't know what you guys want me to say."

"Tell us the details." Freakshow said, smirking.

"Yeah, we want to know." Angel sang playfully.

"It's Jeff." You said blankly, confused as to what the girls wanted.

"Yeah, but Jeff's a boy!" Sally squealed, pausing her hand in midair to give you an innocent smile.

"Um... Yeah, you're right. He is." You couldn't help the smile that came to your face from Sally's 'observation'.

"So tell us the details! Is he a good kisser?" Gabby asked.

Sally made a face at the mention of kissing, but didn't say anything. Instead, she returned to smothering your face with makeup.

Jane made the same face, but rather than directed at kissing, it was directed at the mention of Jeff. However, she had become pretty close with you, so she tolerated him for that reason.

"Why do you guys want to know so bad? What, you missed your daily dose of Gossip Girl and now you want me to play the part?" You laughed, shaking your head.

"Don't blame us, not that much happens around here in terms of romance." Alex muttered, shrugging.

"Yeah. Alex is right. We girls need to stick together. We need to know about your love life!" Insona giggled. "And whether we need to beat Jeff up or not."

Jane smirked at that. "Yeah, it's like Insona said. So we know when to beat Jeff's ass."

You glanced at both females, a smirk growing from ear to ear. "You guys wanna know something?"

They all nodded their heads vigorously, urging you to share your secret romantic endeavors.

"Insona likes Laughing Jack."

"W-what? No I don't!" Insona argued, a heavy blush peppering her cheeks.

It was amusing, seeing the normally sarcastic, tough female flush bright red at the mention of her crush.

Gabby gasped, then squealed in delight. "Matchmaking!" She shrieked, smiling cutely.

"I... I don't like him." Insona pouted, crossing her arms.