10

-Everly

"Looking for someone?"

"No."

"You sure?" Harry's gaze flicks between my eyes.

"Yes."

"Yeah? Sure seemed like you'd been keeping an eye out for someone all night."

"You've been watching me?" I pull my arm from his grasp, taking a step back when I realize how close he's standing.

"Observing is more the right word I think. Where you going?"

"Home."

"You don't live here?"

"No."

He smiles. "Good to know. So you were planning on leaving me here alone with this lot?"

"You seemed like you were having a good time."

"So you've been watching me eh?" He raises an eyebrow at me playfully.

"Observing is more the right word I think." I can't fight my lips curving into a small smile.

"Fancy that."

The door behind Harry opens, an older woman stepping outside and lighting up a cigarette.

"I need to go." I glance up, spotting a few security cameras along the side of the house.

Harry follows my eye line, "Likes to keep an eye on you does he?"

"What? No." I shake my head.

"Then why're you always looking about when I'm around? Like you're worried someone's gonna see us?"

"I'm not... I don't."

"You do." He steps towards me, closing the little distance between us. "Better question is... why you'd be concerned about being seen with me in particular."

"Like I said, I'm not. Now I really need to go. Have a good night." I say hurriedly before abruptly turning and continuing along the side of the house.

I let out a sigh of relief when I see a few taxis waiting near the front gate. Ready to take a party guest home. Hoping them being both rich and drunk results in a large tip.

I open the back door of the first taxi I reach, sliding into the backseat. I start to tell the driver my address when the door across from me opens and Harry slides in next to me.

"What are you doing?!" I widen my eyes, glancing past him to see if anyone saw him get in the car with me.

"Sharing a cab."

"No." I shake my head, "Take a different one."

"Why?" He smirks.

"Because I...." My voice fades off. "Just take a different one."

"I wasn't spotted. But I might be if I get out. Quite a chance to take. That is... If you're worried about being seen with me, which you said you weren't." He points out.

"You're impossible." I fold my arms and sit back in the seat as Harry grins triumphantly.

"Corner of Washington and Plymouth mate." Harry gives directions to the driver before sitting back next to me.

He surprisingly stays quiet during the drive, but glances over at me frequently. Making me uneasy as I try to subtly pull my short dress down to cover more of my exposed legs.

I look out the window as we cross over the Manhattan bridge, the driver taking the first left and stopping.

"Where are we?" I question as Harry passes the driver a few bills.