15

-Harry

I lean against a large oak tree, crossing my arms as I stare into the stream of people strolling up Broadway.

She should be here by now.

The thought of leaving Everly alone with Jackson for even a few minutes makes me right sick.

I shouldn't of agreed to just meet her down the street. I should of waited there for her.

Suddenly I catch a glimpse of blonde hair in amongst the pedestrians walking past the park.

I stand up straighter, pushing myself off the tree when I see her familiar face.

I meet her at the edge of the park, looking her over. "You alright?"

"I'm fine." She nods, glancing around us like she always does.

"He believe you? Falling ill?" I question her, knowing Carter wouldn't be thrilled if Jackson reported back to him that Everly left with me.

"Honestly he didn't really seem to care. Sandy seemed to take a liking to him."

"Sandy?"

"Our waitress. They were flirting when I got back to the table. I probably could of just left and he wouldn't of even noticed." She shrugs.

I start to open my mouth, concerned, but Everly shakes her head.

"Don't worry about her, or should I say him. Jackson is going to be thoroughly surprised when he finds out Sandy's real name is actually Andy."

I laugh, the noise a lot louder then I intended it to be as a few passerby's give me a weird look.

But the amused smile that covers Everly's face from my outburst is well worth it.

"Well... f.uck." I chuckle, shaking my head.

She laughs, her shoulders slightly shaking. "You laugh really loud."

"Only when something's really funny." I grin, meeting her gaze. "You want to get something to eat?"

"I...." She pulls her jacket tighter around her small frame.

"None of this twenty dollars for one bloody piece of sushi. How bout a pizza? Sounds good yeah?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Pizza sounds great actually." She nods, a small smile curving up her pink lips.

"There's a good place just down the street from here. Maybe we could grab it go? We're close to your flat right?"

"My flat?"

"Apartment." I correct myself. "We could eat there?"

"NO." She shakes her head adamantly, her eyes widening.

"Course." I nod. "We could just eat there, will have to wait a bit for a table though."

"Right. I forgot it's Friday night." She frowns at the thought of having to wait hours for a seat.

"Or we could go to mine.." I suggest uncertainly.

She narrows her eyes a bit, biting her lip in contemplation.

"It's just a pizza. Am not going to try to seduce you." I tease, trying to lighten the mood.

"Like you could." She quips back.

I laugh, stuffing my hands into my pockets. "Not saying I wouldn't have a lovely time trying... But tonight I'll just stick with sharing a pizza and good conversation. You in?"