61

-Harry

The second I'm off my bike, my phone is once again held up to my ear. Trying to ring her again as I hurry up the steps to her building.

"Everly.." I sigh as it goes to voicemail. "We need to talk. Can you answer your phone please? I know I'm not supposed to call you but it's an emergency. Call me back as soon as you get this."

I hang up, immediately pressing redial as I punch in the code to get into the building.

Again it goes straight to voicemail. Same as it has since I started trying to reach her back at her Dad's flat.

I shove the phone into my pocket as I jog down the hallway towards the lift. I can only hope to catch her before she leaves to go tell him.

My finger repeatedly taps the call button, my body to anxious to stay still as I wait for the lift to arrive.

I don't hesitate to step inside, punching the button to take me up to her floor. I shift my weight from one foot to the next as the lift ascends, my eyes glued to the floor as I think.

I'll get there in time. She won't have left yet.

I'm being overly worried over nothing.

She won't have left yet.

I nearly jump when the lift dings and the doors open, the familiar hallway coming into view. I quickly take a right, stopping in front of the door to her flat and raising my fist.

The sound of my knuckle pounding on her door fills the empty corridor, echoing off the walls.

"Everly!" I call through the door as I knock loudly again.

I continue banging on the door as I fish my phone out of my pocket, calling her once more.

The sound of her phone ringing in her flat makes me call her name out again, only louder.

"Everly!" I yell as I hang up, shoving my cellphone back into my pocket.

I stop, pulling my hand away from the door and running it through my hair, tugging on the ends anxiously.

Glancing down at the door handle, I take a breath as I reach for it.

The knob surprisingly turns in my hand, the usually locked door being unlocked.

I push it open, stepping into her darkened flat and looking around as I close the door behind me.

"Everly?" I call out, spotting her phone lying on the coffee table in the living room.

I get no answer, so I walk farther into her apartment, stepping into the hallway.

It's barely lit from the streetlight coming in through the windows, but it's enough for me to see a figure sitting sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall.

I know it's her before I flip on the light.

The brightness causes me to blink a few times, adjusting to it before I can truely focus on her.

She's sat on the wooden floor, her knees curled up into her chest and her arms wrapped around them protectively. Her head is down, resting on her knees.

It's then I notice her dress, the bits I can see.. are covered in blood.

I rush forward, kneeling down next to her and placing a hand gently on the back of her head as the other rests on the front of her leg.

"Love.." My voice comes out a bit shakey. "Look at me."

She raises her head but doesn't look at me, revealing a tear stained face and red eyes.