66

-Harry

I usually savor the bike rides I take to the gym. Weaving in and out of traffic, feeling the wind... feeling free.

It was the first purchase I'd made when I moved to the states. The only big purchase I'd made at all. I remember seeing it at an old auto shop on Empire boulevard. I was exploring the city my first week there, and there she was. Not running, a bit rusty, and clearly not appreciated by the owner of the shop. Didn't know what he had leant against the brick wall next to the bins. I didn't hesitate in buying her.

She made me think of helping my dad tinker on a few bikes he'd had when I was just a lad. She made me feel like I had a little piece of home, in a place I didn't feel at home in at all.

But on the ride now I don't feel free. I'm not enjoying the drive as I have so many times before. I feel as if it's a bit hard to take a breath, a million thoughts playing out in my head every second I get nearer to the gym. Every move now is so important, and I'm not prepared for any of it.

Everly... this is how she's felt everyday since I've met her. This is how she's felt for.. god knows how long.

Afraid of every step she took, every simple decision that could put her in danger. How she's gone on for so long without breaking shows how truly strong she is. How she couldn't keep herself away from me in spite of the danger of being with me, shows me something as well.

She's in love with me.

Christ, I hope she is.

I pull my bike to a stop in front of the gym, suddenly realizing I've arrived and haven't thought about what I'd find when I did.

A black Bentley was parked next to the curb, Carter's driver leaning against it smoking a cigarette.

I couldn't remember his name, but I've seen him a few times before. Usually always in the same position, looking at a phone with a Marlboro between his lips.

As I pull my helmet off, I can tell he immediately recognizes who I am. His posture changing, his eyes narrowing before typing something out on his phone.

So much for the element of surprise.

Ignoring him, I jog up the steps to the front doors of the gym and step inside.

"Harry!" Dorothy grins widely at me from the front desk. "Coach said you were leaving town!"

"Change of plans." I nod towards the hallway, "He here?"

"Yes, but he's not alone. Fancy fellow just came in, same one that's been watching your fights."

"Right. He have anyone with him?"

"Tall guy," She nods, "Pale as a ghost."

"Viktor.." I murmur to myself, suddenly seeing red.

The f.ucking prick who's hit Everly...

"You can go on back, I'm sure Coach wouldn't mind." Dorothy's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

I force a smile on my face, giving her a quick "Thanks" before heading down the hallway towards Coach's office. It was only hours ago that I'd never thought I see his face again.

I pause when I'm just outside his door, straining to hear any sound coming from inside.

It's dead silent.

I open the door, half expecting to find it empty considering the lack of noise.

My gaze finds Coach first. He's sitting behind his desk, a stern look on his face as usual. He shakes his head when our eyes meet, his lips forming a tight line in disappointment.

The Most Dangerous Game (Harry Styles AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें