12

-Everly

"I would choose you and Ryan Gosling."

"What?" I look up from my sketchpad, turning my attention to the short brunette sitting next to me.

"If I was Pharaoh." Harper gazes at the Egyptian exhibit across from us. "I would choose you guys to be buried with me.. You know, to be my servants in the afterlife."

"Me and Ryan Gosling?" I raise an eyebrow at my best friend.

"Yes, and don't even think about stealing him from me with your long legs and pouty lips. That mummy is mine."

"And why would you need me? I would think one would prefer to be entombed alone with Ryan Gosling."

"Let's be honest, men get quite boring. I need my favorite person there to keep me entertained."

"How sweet." I snort, "But not sweet enough to be buried alive just so I can entertain you in the afterlife."

"So that's the kind of friend you are eh?" Harper grins at me. "How about I sweeten the deal, make sure you've a gentlemen friend as well?"

"Gentlemen friend?" I laugh.

"Hot guy, same difference." Harper shrugs, "I'd make sure to pick a good one for you.. Like Theo James, or Dylan O'Brien, or holy crap...what about him?"

"Hhmmmm?" I focus back on my drawing, trying to blend the lines.

"The guy by that statue of the man with the dog's head."

"Hermanubis." I inform her as I use my finger to smudge my pencil marks.

"Herman-whatever. The guy with the big hair and tight as f.uck jeans.. and oh my god... he has dimples! I think I just got pregnant."

"However will you explain yourself to Ryan?" I chuckle, digging around in my bag for an eraser.

"Just look!" Harper elbows me in the ribs, "The tall one.. With the tattoos."

I follow her eye line across the room, my eyes widening when I see who exactly she's fawning over.

Harry.

I quickly hold up my sketchbook to hide my face. "S.hit!"

"I know.. hot right?" Harper pulls her gaze from Harry, flinching when she sees me hiding. "What are you doing?"

"Is he looking this way? I think I can sneak out the.."

"What are you even talking about!? Relax, sit back. Enjoy the view." She grips the edge of my sketchbook, moving it slightly so she can see my face. "Why are you hiding behind this thing?"

"That's Harry!" I whisper-yell.

"THAT is Harry?" Her mouth falls open in shock as she looks back over towards him.

"Yes! Now stop staring and let's go!" I reach for my bag, still holding my sketchpad up in front of me.

"Go? This place finally has something in it worth looking at, no way I'm leaving."

"Well I don't want him to see me so.."

"Harry!" Harper yells across the room, causing numerous people to scowl at her.

I contemplate slapping her as she yanks my sketchbook from my hands, my eyes immediately meeting Harry's across the room.

He grins, making his way towards us as I groan. "You're dead to me Harper, I hope you realize that."

"You can thank me later." She grins as Harry steps up to us.

"Everly.." He smiles down at me, his dimple popping. "Fancy seeing you here. This your friend?"