47

-Everly

"I think it's too boring. Carter would like the last one better."

I sigh, a puff of air escaping my lips as I stare at myself in the floor length mirror.

Turning my body slightly, I glimpse at the back of the white silk dress. It's not boring. It's elegant, beautiful. It's me.

"I think you look stunning. It's my favorite so far." Maya's soft voice speaks up, causing Chloe to scoff.

"What?" Maya looks over at Chloe, "This is the first one she's tried on that actually made her smile a little."

"Well, it doesn't matter if she likes it. She's wearing it for Carter, not for herself. And he'd hate it." Chloe snaps, being her usual snarky self.

"But..." Maya starts to defend me once again, but I raise my hand up in the air to stop her.

Slapping another fake smile on my face.

"Chloe's right, I'm going with the one Carter chose."

"Good choice." Chloe shoots Maya a glare before standing up. "I'll let the attendant know of your decision."

I promptly flip Chloe off behind her back as she stalks out of the dressing room, earning a small giggle from Maya.

"She really is quite horrible isn't she?" Maya smiles, unzipping the back of the dress for me.

"Horrible isn't the word I would use.." I laugh lightly, remembering the slew of things I was calling her just this morning.

Harry had just pressed me up against the wall, his lips trailing down my neck when my phone had rang.

I easily ignored it, much to concerned with pushing his boxers down his legs as he set me down on the kitchen table to bother answering it.

But by the third call in a row, I knew I couldn't avoid answering it. So with a low, and very sexy, annoyed groan from Harry; I pulled away from him and answered it.

Of course it couldn't just be a wrong number. It had to be Chloe. Informing me last minute I needed to go try on wedding dresses. And she was already downstairs, sitting in one of Carter's town cars to pick me up.

The second I hung up I was cursing her under my breath. Of all the times I'd felt hatred towards Chloe, this was by far the worst.

After all, I had an out of breath and naked Harry Styles currently standing between my legs. Hands resting on the tops of my thighs as he gazed at me with those deep green eyes.

The only redeeming factor in the whole situation was finding Maya sat in the backseat of the car after I'd reluctantly torn myself away from the British s.ex god up in my apartment.

Reluctant isn't near a strong enough word.

"Are you alright?"

Maya's voice snaps me out of my thoughts as
I pull my shirt on. "Hmmmm?"

"You seem flushed all of a sudden."

"Oh." I almost laugh, wishing I could explain to her exactly who has gotten me so worked up all of a sudden. "I'm fine. It's just a little hot in here."

"Thinking of Carter?" She raises an eyebrow at me playfully.

"No." I answer far to quickly.