40

-Everly

"Have to admit.. was a bit upset when I woke up to an empty flat this morning."

"Were you?" I stop in front of my door, gazing into Harry's bright green eyes.

"Then I saw you'd left me another note.." He pauses, the corner of his mouth curving up. "Was quite surprised when I went to reading it."

"What were you expecting?"

"Bout anything other then you asking me to meet you here."

"I wasn't sure if you would actually come."

"How's that?" Harry cocks his head to the side, his eyes stealing a glance down my frame.

"I figured you would be mad I just left."

"You said you had class."

"Still... After last night..."

"Which part? The you telling me secrets or you stripping down to your knickers?" He smirks. "Cause believe me, both left me wanting to see you again."

I feel my cheeks turn hot from the memory, still overly embarrassed.

"You gonna invite me in? Food's getting cold."

"Right!" I tear my eyes away from the devilish smirk on his face, quickly unlocking my front door.

I hold it open for him, following him inside and locking it behind us.

"Didn't know what your favorite was, so got a bit of everything." Harry spreads the contents of the bag out on the kitchen table, my mouth already watering.

"It's Chinese, everything's my favorite." 

He grins, taking a seat across from me as I hand him a bottle of water. We start passing various take out boxes back and forth, eating as best we can with chopsticks.

After a good five minutes of silence and Harry stealing glances at me, I already have to restrain myself from throwing myself at him for the second time in twenty four hours.

He has got to stop looking at me like that.

"So... How was your day?" I ask, hoping to relieve some of the tension between us.

"Good. Trained at the gym for most of it."

"You train everyday?"

"No, have to be careful not to overwork my body... make sure to let my muscles relax."

"Hmmmmm."

My eyes dart to his toned biceps, the curve of muscle prominent as he brings the water bottle up to his mouth and takes a drink.

"Why'd he hit you yesterday?"

"What?" I meet his gaze, his eyes searing right through me.

"You heard me."

I frown, disliking how quickly our conversation took on a more serious note.

"Everly..."

"I embarrassed him."

"Carter?"