33

-Harry

As I begin to stir from sleep, it hits me how worn out I feel.

Worn out in the best possible way.

I blink a few times, squinting from the bright sunlight streaming through my windows.

Shifting my body to lay on my stomach, a smile creeps across my face as I remember last night.

It was f.ucking incredible.

Just the thought of Everly's naked body.. trembling underneath me as I bury myself in her...

I groan, flipping onto my back as my usual morning wood becomes a proper problem.

Sliding my hand across the sheets, I search for the reason of my excited state, only to find the warmth her body left behind.

She must of just gotten up.

"Everly.." I sit up, raising my voice so it echoes through my flat.

Glancing at the floor next to the bed, I see my clothes lying on the floor in a heap.

Only my clothes.

Everly's, the ones I'd dropped next to mine after I peeled them off her, are gone.

I stand up, swiftly pulling on a pair of boxer briefs before padding out of my room.

"Everly?" I look around the empty living room, my jaw tensing.

She's gone.

Snatching my phone off the coffee table, I dial her number. It only rings once before its sent straight to voicemail.

I angrily throw my phone onto the couch, running my hand through my hair and tugging at the ends.

She f.ucking left.

My eye catches a sheet of paper lying on the small table next to my front door and I quickly walk over and snatch it up.

Unfolding it, I shake my head at the words scribbled across the page..

Last night never happened.

"Like f.uck it didn't." I spit, crumpling up the paper in my hand and dropping it to the floor.

Knowing she'd only regret last night for one reason..

She's still with f.ucking Carter.

Last night did happen. And I've no intention of letting her pretend like it bloody well didn't.

Dropping myself down onto my couch, I grab my phone, fully prepared to ring her again.

I've just pressed the call button when I realize what the f.uck I'm doing and quickly press end.

What the f.uck is wrong with me?

This is what I usually want. No.. it's what I always want.

I like to f.uck and then move on. I've never been interested in having a second go with anyone.

Normally I'd be chuffed it'd been so easy. That she was just gone. I could just move on, carry on with my life.

But the second I realized Everly had snuck out on me, I'd felt panicked. Right sick over it.

And reading that bloody note, knowing she wanted to act like nothing happened between us.. That she didn't show up at my flat.. That it meant nothing... It drives me mad.

She wasn't just using me, I know she wasn't. There was something between us. I don't know what it is, but I could feel it.

I saw it every time she looked in my eyes, I felt it every time we touched, I heard it in her moans.