1

-Harry

My fists dart out quickly, hitting the punch mitts in front of me with enough force to push my training partner back.

"Again!"

I repeat the actions, moving from one foot to the other to deflect the counterpunch that is aimed towards my head.

"Pick it up Styles! You're losing steam!"

I grunt, spitting out the guard inside my mouth.

"He didn't even f.ucking hit me!" I yell.

My head suddenly snaps to the side as the large punch mitt swiftly impacts with the side of my head.

I take a step forward, stopping myself when I see a hint of fear in the set of eyes standing across from me.

"Never take your eye off your opponent, first rule of boxing."

I look to my right, finding an amused smirk on my coaches face as I suck in a few deep breaths.

"He's not my bloody opponent." I pull the red boxing gloves off my hands. "Took a cheap ass shot, the only one he's gotten in on me the past two hours."

"Sometimes it only takes one."

"Never has."

"Anyone ever tell you you're full of s.hit?" He shakes his head at me.

"You.. everyday." I grin as my training partner takes a step through the ropes around the boxing ring.

"Alright, take a three minute break then I want fifteen rounds on the speed bag. I'll be in my office if you need me."

I nod as he tosses me a bottle of water, taking a few large gulps before taking off my SnapBack and wiping the sweat off my forehead with a towel.

I glance at the clock on the far wall of the gym, seeing it's already half past eight.

"Didn't you have a date tonight?"

I scoff, pulling the tape off my hands as my best mate steps up to the ring.

"Shouldn't you be at work right now?" I ask.

"On my way presently." He grins. "Now back to that date. What was her name? Jean? Jane?"

"Janeene." I correct him. "And it wasn't a date. She invited me over to her place for the night is all."

"Not like you, going back for seconds."

"I'm not." I step through the ropes and drop my towel down on the bench.

"You were at her's last night H. You going through them so quickly you're forgetting them now?"

"Know I was there last night you d.ick." I chuck my empty water bottle at him.

"So?"

"So... girl you met last night was Hanna, not Janeene." I inform him as I take a seat on the wooden bench.

"I'm lost."

"They're roommates."

Nate laughs, shaking his head at me. "You never cease to amaze me. Fûcking roommates. Well done."

"Not well done." I pick up a new roll of gauze, ripping it open. "Coach had me watching bloody competition tapes half the day. Still have three hours of training left."

"Guess you won't be stopping by the bar later then."

"Not tonight. Have to be up early for my psychical and weigh in."