27

-Everly

His lips.

I can't stop thinking about them.

How they felt. How they tasted. How one simple kiss from them seemed to make my body come alive.

They were pink. And plump. And somehow fit together with mine like they were made to do just that.

Harry Styles was like a drug to me. I've taken my first hit and I'm already completely addicted. Unable to think of anything other him.

And those lips...

"Everly!"

I jump, startled as I'm pulled from my thoughts.

"Sorry." I smile weakly, sitting up straight in my chair.

"Is there something wrong? You've been off all day."

"No." I shake my head. "Just... have some finals coming up. My mind is a bit preoccupied I guess."

"I don't like your schooling interfering with our relationship. Would you like me to get you a tutor?" Carter asks, taking a sip from his drink.

"No, thank you. I'll do fine."

"Very well. Now, as I was saying, I need you to go to Styles gym tonight and drop something off. He'll be there training."

"Couldn't Bridgette drop it off?" I ask, knowing I shouldn't put myself in a position to be around Harry alone again.

No matter how much I'd like to be, it's far to dangerous. He's far to dangerous.

"No, I think Bridgette has proved she's not up to the task. Besides, you'll be dropping it off to Jackson Decker, not Styles." He pushes an envelope across the table to me.

"What's in it?" I tentatively pick it up.

"Instructions."

"What kind of..."

"Darling." He cuts me off, placing a hand over mine. "You know I don't like when you ask so many questions. Just deliver the envelope to Jackson tonight at 6 pm."

"Fine." I purse my lips in annoyance.

"Good girl." He grins, squeezing my hand. "All the others fail me Everly, but not you. Never you."

I nod, looking away from his stern gaze as he stands up. "I'll expect you back this evening. You'll stay the night."

"I can't. I need to prepare for finals." I lie, folding my hands in my lap to hide how they're shaking.

He stops next to my chair, towering over me. Making me feel small as he always does. Like I have no control.

"You'll stay the night." He repeats sternly, leaning down and pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "I'll see you this evening."

He doesn't wait for me to respond, instead leaves me sitting in the middle of the restaurant.

Numerous eyes staring at me, having heard him order me around like a child. I take a long drink of my water before standing, a waiter suddenly appearing and pulling out my chair for me.

"Thank you." I give him a polite smile, trying to ignore the sympathetic look on his face.

"Of course Miss. Will there be anything else you need?"

"Could you call a taxi for me?"

"I can get one of Mr. Carter's cars for you if you'd like." He offers.