50

-Harry

I'd become used to it.. waking up alone.

It had never bothered me before, but I'd also never fallen asleep next to someone before. I'd never wanted to.

But with Everly I did.

There was something about falling asleep with her light breath hitting my chest, the warmth of her body resting against mine. It made me feel at ease. The nights I spent with her weren't unsettled ones. In fact, they were probably filled with the most restful sleep I've ever managed to get.

So when we spent the night together, it didn't sit well with me not waking up the same way I'd fallen asleep.

Maybe it was because I woke up anxious, feeling around the covers for her body but finding the space beside me empty. My mind couldn't help but replay the first night we'd spent together, waking up to alone to that bloody awful note she'd left.

In all honesty, it made me a bit afraid. Worried I'd end up finding yet another note telling me 'last night never happened'.

Why I felt so strongly over it baffled me. I knew I cared for her more then I have anyone else, but it still surprised me how much such a simple thing impacted me. And it left me with the same feeling, that same tightness in my chest, this morning when I woke up alone.

My fingers searching in between my sheets for her, wanting her close. But once again she wasn't there.

Sitting up in bed and wiping my eyes, I looked around the room. It was empty except for the few random articles of clothing I decided weren't worth the trouble of putting away, along with my guitar resting in the corner.

I sighed, shaking my head when I noticed a faint smell wafting through my flat. Pancakes.

"Everly?" I call out, my heart leaping in my chest a little.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Her soft voice echos down the hallway, causing a grin to immediately spread across my face.

Stumbling out of bed, I make a quick pit stop in the bathroom to freshen my breath before heading to my small kitchen. Finding something far differen't then a dissapointing note waiting for me.

Instead I find Everly in those f.ucking tiny pajamas, standing in front of my stovetop, flipping pancakes.

"Hungry?" She smiles at me and I swear to God my breath catches in my throat.

What the f.uck is happening to me?

"I'd thought you left." I walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her thin waist and squeezing gently.

"I'm right here."

"So I see." I press a kiss to the back of her head happily. "And you're making breakfast. Thank you."

"You're welcome." She sets the last pancake on a plate before turning to me. "For you."

I take the plate from her, "You're not eating?"

"I have class in forty. I really need to go."

"Oh." I frown, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"Is that what you call a good morning kiss?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

I chuckle, setting my plate down. "Will that not do?"

"Not in the least."

"Greedy in the mornings aren't you?"

"Alright then.. Nevermind." She rolls her eyes playfully before turning away from me.

"Didn't say I minded." I grab her hand, pulling her back towards me. "Now come here."