35

-Harry

I hadn't called, I hadn't texted her since we snuck out of the loo at Carter's.

As I knock for the third time on her door, I wonder if I shouldn't have.

Maybe her plans changed and she was out. Maybe her mind changed and she decided she wanted nothing to do with me.

The thought of her with Carter flashes through my mind, making me nearly bang the door down.

It suddenly swings open and I'm met with a very amused look covering Everly's face.

"Are you trying to break my door down or are you just an aggressive knocker?"

"You weren't answering." I mumble, feeling a bit ridiculous.

"I was in the shower."

My eyes shoot down her figure, just now realizing her hair is wet and her body is only covered by short silk robe.

I've barely been around her thirty seconds and my bloody jeans are already getting tighter.

She's trying to f.ucking torture me, I swear it.

I tear my eyes away from her as she steps aside and lets me in her flat, closing the door behind us.

"There's beer or water in the fridge if you want some, I'm just going to change."

I nod, watching her walk down the hallway before stepping into the kitchen.

Grabbing a water, I pop the top open and take a large gulp, my eyes catching sight of an old photo album lying on the counter.

I pick it up, a single picture falling out from between the worn pages. I snatch it up off the floor, finding the eyes of a middle aged man and a young girl staring back at me. Bright smiles covering their faces.

The girl is Everly, the long blonde hair and familiar smile giving her away instantly. The man has his arm slung around her small shoulders as she holds up a small string of fish and a little pink tackle box.

A frown overtakes my face as I notice how different her eyes look. There's no worry in them, just happiness.

The book and picture are suddenly yanked out of my hands, making me flinch.

"Those are private." Everly says quietly, setting them inside a cubbard.

"Sorry." I bite my lip, feeling like a proper p.rick for snooping.

"It's fine."

I follow her into the living room, sitting down next to her on the couch.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" She asks.

"Not really."

"Okay. Well then..."

"Was that your dad?" I cut her off, my mind no longer in control of my mouth.

"Yes." She glances at me uncomfortably.

"How old were you when it was taken?"

"Nine."

"You fished together a lot?"

She shrugs, "It was kind of our thing I guess. Can we not talk about him?"

"Course." I nod. "Didn't mean to pry, was just... I guess I don't know much about you. And I'd like to."

"There isn't much to tell."

"Highly doubt that."

"I don't like talking about myself." She sits back, bringing her knees us to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.