46

-Everly

The bright morning sunlight streaming through my thin cotton drapes is something I wake up to every morning.

The warm arm currently wrapped around my waist is not.

I was never one to cuddle. The thought of two people sleeping, intertwined and holding each other, never seemed conducive for a good nights sleep.

I liked my space.

Before Harry, there'd only been two people I'd ever slept in the same bed with all night...
Aiden, who liked his personal space as much as I did; and Ben, a drunken one night stand who gave life to the term 'coyote ugly'.

But as I'd recently found to be true in many aspects of my existence, life before Harry and after Harry are significantly different.

Now, lying in bed with his chest pressed snugly up against my back, I can't understand how I was ever against the idea at all.

I feel warm and content and safe and... happy.

"Mornin'."

I smile, butterflies erupting in my stomach at the sound of Harry's overly deep and raspy morning voice.

God, it's hot.

"How did you know I was awake?" I respond quietly as he tugs me even closer.

"You weren't snoring anymore."

"What?!" I gasp, mortified.

"Just joking." He chuckles. "You were playing with my fingers."

He taps his fingers against my stomach, making me realize my hand is resting over his.

"Sorry, I didn't realize." I go to move my hand away but he catches it, intertwining our fingers.

"Wasn't complaining."

A small smile pulls up the corners of my mouth as my cheeks flush.

"Listen..." He clears his throat, suddenly sounding nervous, "About last night. I um..."

"It's fine." I cut him off. "I told you that last night. Really, please stop worrying about it."

"Am not worrying. I'm just a bit... Well, not just a bit.. I made a proper fool out of myself, didn't I?"

"No."

"Not quite sure how I couldn't of."

"Honestly.." I take a breath, feeling his own hit the back of my shoulder. "..I found it kind of flattering."

"Did you?" He chuckles.

"Yes. Believe me, I know how long you can last."

"Think I managed to bring down my average quite a bit with that one."

"I think your average is just fine."

"That good yeah?" He leans forward, shifting his body so his lips are lightly brushing my ear.

"Yes.." I respond breathlessly, suddenly feeling as if the wind had been knocked out of me.