Chapter 1

Author's P.O.V.

A locked up soul was made from a tragedy. The once cheerful and beaming little girl had turn quiet, vulnerable and a broken figure.

Since the incident happen, She never talked, nor eat. The people in the orphanage was aware of her huge weight loss and it worries them. But she can't blame them, she knows she's losing weight. She knows she's gone closed. She also knows that she's paranoid when she's alone in the dark.

She was traumatized by the beating, locking her up in the closet, and almost took her precious soul from her. Yes, she was almost raped.

The result, she can't sleep at night always thinking that someone might get her or hurt her. And she can't handle another beating session again.

But with all of that, something was keeping her going. Her life long dream and that is to become a singer. It was her way of letting her parents know that she's still alive. Hoping she would be saved by them.
----------
"Athena, come here and see this." A volunteer, Lisa, gestured her to come closer which the little girl obeyed as she walks to Lisa.

"What is it Lisa?"

"There are auditions for Britain's Got Talent. Do you want me to sign you up?" It somehow lighten the mood of Athena as she looks up to Lisa nodding her head with a small smile playing on her lips.

Small smiles

That was it, and with that she walks back to the sofa sitting down. Her eyes are fixated at the telly though she's not even interested in it.

She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them. Her minds consumed of her parents.

Where are they now?

The first question that popped to her head. And it made her think. Are they here in London. Are they in America or are they even alive. Now one knows, and she was dying to know.

She haven't seen her parents, not a single picture or a memory from them. She was left at the shelter since she was a baby. Though she knows that it wasn't right, she still believes that they're going to come back and take her away.

"Your audition starts in two days. " She heard Lisa said but she didn't respond. She wasn't excited or anything but her nerves are there. Athena is very confident but all of that had vanish since she was rescued and its really hard to gain that confidence back.
--------
The morning came, too early in the morning. She strolls down the garden walking in bare feet. She always wakes up early and always goes down to the garden to unwind.

She always sing at the morning, It was her usual routine. Her soft and sweet voice will glide through the air like light leaves. Her voice is incredibly beautiful, her voice is soothing in the ears. It can make you instantly fall in love.

Its the first time she would enter or audition in a conpetetion, But she figured that if she wants to be a singer, she would have to go to shows like this.

She sat by the swing hanging underneath the tree. Watching as the sun rises and watch butterflies flutter their way across the garden and the scene made her let out a small smile.

Small smiles

Not a full one, Cause sunsets also symbolize another day of the usual. Staring at the white rose she picked up earlier, she wonders what came off her liking in white roses. She doesn't like that much flowers but white roses was her favourite and she doesn't know why.

She hums as she stare at the flower in her hand, Paying close attention to the petals. The rose was perfect but its thorns were not. Just like her life, the only difference is she has many thorns than an actual rose.
-------
"Hey Athena, I heard you're going to audition tomorrow for Britain's Got Talent. Are you nervous?" Leah, her room mate before spoke as she arrives sitting herself down next to Athena. Not being disrespectful, Athena just gave her a nod.