Hospital Bed [Chapter 20]

I woke up seeing bright lights.
"Miss, how do you feel?" A nurse asked.
"Sleepy," I answered.
"Try stay awake. The doctor will be here soon. Do you feel any pain?" She asked.
"Not at the moment," I said as she measured my blood preasure and pulse.
"You seem to be doing very well. Would you like anything to drink?" She smiled.
"Just water is fine," I smiled back weakly. She nodded and walked out of the room. A man in a white lab coat and glasses came in, I guessed it was the doctor.

"I'm Mr.Huang, your doctor. The nurse said you weren't in pain at the moment, so that's good. I'm here to tell you what happened," the doctor said.
"Am I alright? What about JiYong? Is he here, can I see him?" I panicked.
"Your boyfriend is alright, he just got some stitches for his head and his arm. He went home to get clothes for you and inform your friends. He said he will bring Tae with him, whoever that is. You're lucky he cares for you so much," Mr.Huang smiled. Thank goodness JiYong is okay.
"Clothes? Does that mean I have to stay here? What happened to me?" I asked.
"Yes, you'll be here for a few days. You had to get 14 stitches in your leg, so you won't be able to walk on it for a while, the bone in your leg is damaged too. Also, you broke one of your ribs and fractured two. The broken one pierced your lung, that's why you found it hard to breathe. You won't be able to do stuff like running or dancing or lifting heavy loads for some time. I'm sorry," the doctor told me. No dancing?
"For how long?" I said.
"At least 3 months," he sighed. So I'll have to give up dance for 3 months? Where will I work?
"Thank you," I nodded slightly as he walked out. The nurse came back with water.
"Here, don't sit up," she held the water the my mouth. I drank.
"I'll be taking care of you for four days, while you're here. I'm Nari," she smiled kindly and set down my drink.
"Your friends are here," Nari nodded towards the door, "Should I let them in?"
"Yes, please," I said as she walked out of the room.

I heard her call them over. I giggled softly as the shuffling of four people's footsteps came closer. JiYong, Tae, Taeyong and Mark burst into the room. Tae was carrying a big vase of flowers, only the top of her head could be seen. Taeyong took my hand and smiled. I could see JiYong in the corner of my eye, staring. Tae ran to my side and shoved Taeyong out of the way.
"I'm so glad you're okay," Tae sobbed softly and hugged me.
"Oww, cracked ribs remember?" I wheezed. She let go quickly.
"Sorry!" She giggled quietly, then buried her face into Marks chest.
"How you feeling?" Mark asked.
"Eh," I shrugged lightly.
"The others couldn't come but they hope you get well soon," JiYong said quietly.
"We should leave them," Tae said to Mark and Taeyong. Mark began to walk out but Taeyong stayed. Tae grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the room. She shut the door.

JiYong stared at me with sorrow in his eyes.
"I thought I was going to lose you," he said softly.
"But you didn't and you won't," I told him. I reached out a hand to him. He walked over slowly and loomed over me.
"I love you," he whispered. JiYong stared into my eyes for a second, then plunged me into a kiss. Soft, long-lasting. In that moment, I wished it would never stop. When he looked up at me, I saw tears rolling down his cheeks. The first time I'd ever seen him cry.
"I love you too," I told him, my fingers running through his soft hair. I wiped the tears from his eyes and kissed his forehead.
"Are you trying to be me?" JiYong joked.
"Don't ruin the moment," I giggled. Another tear ran down his face.
"Why are you crying so much? Don't cry, you know I'll cry too. What's wrong?" I asked, lifting his chin.
"It's my fault," he sighed and looked down. I slapped his face lightly.
"Don't ever say that," I growled.
"Look who's ruining the moment now," he smiled softly and took my hand.
"JiYong, I'm so glad you're alive," I said, touching his cheek softly.
"And I'm glad you're alive," he smiled.
"I'll stay here with you until nighttime, then Tae is staying overnight," he said.

That night, JiYong and I stayed up until 12:00, until Tae arrived. We played jenga and I tried to teach him how to draw, but it looked like a five-year-old's drawing. We talked on and on about things.

"I have to protect you," JiYong said suddenly, out of the blue.
"What do you mean? I'm safe here," I told him.
"The person that hit us, was the hairdresser. After I got my stitches, a bouqet of flowers were sent to me. The note on it said,"She hit me, so I hit her with my car." She's still out there, and she wants to break us apart," he sighed and stared out the window. I stared out the window too, saying nothing, wondering what exactly he would do to protect me.