Funeral [Chapter 30]

14 hour flight. JiYong and I got off the plane in sweats and no makeup. It's a surprise my mother recognised me. She smiled weakly and ran to hug me.
"You must be JiYong. AC has told me lots about you," she smiled.
"It's so nice to meet you," JiYong shook her hand.
"Where's Jonathan?" I asked, looking around for my brother.
"He went to the bathroom," my mother said.
"AC!" Jonathan ran at me from far away. The 12 year old wrapped his arms around me tightly.
"I missed you too," I giggled.
"Hello, JiYong," Jonathan extended his arm toward my love.
"Hellooo," JiYong shook his hand.
"I thought AC was exaggerating when she said you were handsome," mother joked.
"You said I was handsome?" JiYong peered at me.
"Yes. Why so surprised? Everyone knows you're handsome," I shrugged. Pffft, of course he's handsome, he's G Dragon.
"So you only love me for my handsomeness?" He asked.
"No, don't be stupid," I giggled. He chuckled and stroked my cheek.
"Oooohhh, so cuteee!" My mother and Jonathan giggled. I shot them a look of displeasure.
We went home and mother told us about how the funeral would go, and it was late so we went to sleep shortly after. JiYong and I slept in my old bed, head on his chest.

Next morning we all got up early, and no one was in the mood of having fun. My father was a great influence on all my family, and he would've wanted to meet JiYong. He was...wonderful. I had to hold back tears as I put on a black lace dress. JiYong wore a black suit under his long jacket. He squeezed my hand softly as we stared into the mirror.
"It'll be okay," he said.
My mother and Jonathan came into the room, also dressed up.
"We should go," she told us and we headed outside. Jonathan walked slowly and looked down at the ground.
"Hey, remember what I told you about stars?" I asked him.
"You said they were like eyes, they glisten and glow and watch over us," Jonathan replied.
"That's right," I said.
"You think dad is up there, watching us?" He questioned.
"Yes. Do you think so too?" I asked. He looked up at the sky.
"Yeah," he smiled and got in the car.

At the funeral, the air felt musty and the atmosphere was just sad, almost depressing. All my relatives and friends came and gave us their condolences. JiYong stood strong beside me, but I could see that not even he could keep it 100% together.

As we buried my father, a lot of people were crying. I wasn't, not until JiYong's hand floated around my waist did tears come streaming down my cheeks. I pulled on his coat and he hugged me tightly. I cried into his chest as he kissed my head softly.
"Shhh, it's okay. It's okay," he whispered.

Jonathan couldn't stop sobbing on the car ride home, so I comforted him.
Later, we were all going to go to bed, but mom couldn't find Jonathan. I ran to the back yard looking for him, and there he was, sitting in the soft grass and staring up atthe stars. I listened quietly as he talked to them.
"Dad, if you're there...I miss you so much. So does AC, she flew all the way from Korea to here, just for you dad. And you always said she couldn't because of her job. But JiYong came with her too, dad. They really love each other, he rarely leaves her side. They remind me of you and mom. She needs you, we all need you, dad. Come back. I fear that mom is gonna break down soon, she can barely handle it. And AC, she didn't get the chance to say goodbye. I love you dad, come back," he said softly into the wind. He's right, I wasn't here to say goodbye. And now I regret it.
"Come inside Jonathan, you should get some rest," I kneeled down beside him.
"Okay," he sighed.
When we got inside, JiYong was talking to my mother. They both went silent when we entered.
"Good night AC. I love you. We'll get up early with you guys tomorrow to drive you back to the airport," she smiled and kissed the top of my head.
"I love you too, mom," I hugged her.