For Protection [Chapter 21]

JiYong came to see me after Taeyong. It was around 8:00. He looked unhappy.
"AC, I've got to talk to you," JiYong sat down at the edge of my bed.
"Well it's not like I'm going anywhere, so go ahead," I joked but he didn't laugh.
"You know I love you, right? I've never loved anyone before. So you've got to know how much it's gonna hurt when I say this. It'll hurt us both," JiYong didn't look at me.
"What is it JiYong? What's wrong?" I asked, now concerned. I reached for his hand, but he pulled away.
"That hairdresser, she's not going to stop hurting you as long as we're together. I can't bare to watch you get hurt. I want to love you, not get you killed. So I have to give her what she wants, even though it might kill me," JiYong said.
"JiYong, are you saying you're breaking up with me?" I asked slowly.
"Yes. I'm sorry, but I have to. I have to protect you," He said slowly.
"You're leaving me, to protect me?" I cried,"Is that really logical?"
"I don't want to, trust me," he sniffed. I hated this. I put my hand through his hair for the last time.
"I love you, and I'm so sorry," JiYong said and stood up to walk away.
"I love you too," I looked into his eyes. I couldn't believe it. He walked to the door and was about to open it, but turned back to look at me. I saw tears in his eyes. He suddenly ran back to me. JiYong leaned over me and kissed me, hard. It was just as passionate as our first kiss. I grabbed his shirt as he pulled away.
"Don't do this JiYong," I cried. He didn't say anything. I could feel him tremble as he took my hand off his shirt. JiYong looked down at my hand, at the ring he gave me when we went shopping.
"As long as you love me, don't take it off," he said, a tear rolling down his cheek. With that, he walked out and shut the door.

JiYong's P.O.V
I shut the door and walked outside, fast. When outside, I got in my car and burst into tears. I couldn't believe I did it. I loved her, but now I have to leave her? I rested my head against the steering wheel, sobbing softly. I hadn't cried this much in years. I took out my phone and texted Amy. That stupid, stupid hairdresser.

'I did it. Now will you stop hurting her?'

'Yes, I'll stop. Thanks for granting my wish :)'

I fought the urge to run back to her and hold her forever. I hope she'll never take that ring off. And I hope I'll see her again. I texted TOP and asked him to come over, vowing that I'd find the hairdresser again and put her in jail, so I could get back with the one I love.