New Job [Chapter 23]

"Come on, it's perfect!" Tae pointed at the computer screen on her laptop; Two openings as baristas at Kim's Coffee Shop.
"I'm not much of a coffee maker," I raised an eyebrow.
"You'll learn, plus there's two openings, so one of us can work with you," Taeyong reasurred me.
"Fine. Tae, will you work with me?" I asked as she submitted my resumé.
"I'm not the coffee making type," she shrugged. I hit her over the head.
"I'll work with you," Taeyong smiled.
"Oh, I guess that'll be fun," I said. Tae submitted his file too.

We decided to wait and watch a movie. I placed the laptop on my lap while Taeyong sat on one side of me and Tae on the other. We watched Miracle in Cell No.7. Halfway through, the movie got emotional. I smiled as I remembered how I used to rest my head against JiYong's shoulder during movies. I rested my head on Tae's for a bit, but she shrugged me off. Typical. So I rested my head on Taeyong's. He stared at the screen looking tough, but seconds later, he burst into tears, which set us into fits of laughter. Tae almost fell off the bed. I laughed less than Tae, but it still felt nice to laugh a little. Then, there was a 'ping' and Tae paused the movie.

"It must be an email for the jobs. Tae opened up the email. Both Taeyong and I, accepted. Taeyong jumped up and danced around.
"Isn't it great, AC?!" Taeyong skipped around the hospital room.
"Sure is," I smiled.
"You two start monday!" Tae told me. This could be fun. And I get released today. Nari came in.

"You are free to pack up and go now, but you can stay longer if you feel the need," Nari smiled and bowed.
"Thank you. And thanks for taking care of me these past four days," I smiled.
"No problem. Need any help packing?" She asked. I shook my head.
"I think we can handle packing a few piles of clothes and toothbrush," I giggled.
She nodded and bowed once again, then waved goodbye and walked out.
"I think I'm gonna go hit on her," Taeyong winked, obviously avoiding the packing.
"Taeyong you better get your butt back here!" Tae yelled, but he was already gone. She looked at me and gestured to the suitcase.
"Hey, I'm injured. You can manage by yourself," I told her as I slowly turned to a sitting position and put on my sweater. I was already wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Taeyong drove us home and Tae and Taeyong helped me walk up the stairs. The doctor said I would be able to walk on Monday, and I can work, just not with lifting or anything heavy-duty.
"See you Monday. Shall I pick you up?" Taeyong asked at the door.
"Yes please," I said.
"Okay, see you tomorrow!" He waved.

Tae made us both a cup of tea. She set mine beside my bed.
"Will you be able to sleep?" Tae asked.
"Yeah, it doesn't hurt that much anymore," I told her.
"No, I mean, without JiYong? I know you haven't been sleeping well the past two days," Tae said, sitting down on the bed on her side.
"Oh... I'll be fine," I sighed and tucked myself in.