Babysitting and a Phone Call [Chapter 29]

I was laying on JiYong's bed on my side, watching him. He was still sleeping, he looked adorable. I studied his tattoos, he had a lot, while I only had one. I smiled to myself and made a mental note to get more tattoos, as much as he had. Maybe get one with him. I shrugged, who knows. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. JiYong's eyes opened slowly. They shined as usual.
"Morning, handsome," I smiled.
"Morning, beautiful," JiYong smiled back. Almost 9 months we've been together, and I still get butterflies in my stomach every time he says that.
"Tae's little sister is coming to my apartment today, so I have to babysit with Tae. Wanna help?" I asked, getting up to get dressed.
"Do I have to?" He groaned.
"No, but if you want to make me happy..." I trailed off.
"You really know how to get me to do things," JiYong sighed.

We got back to my apartment an hour later, Haru, Tae's seven year old sister was already there. So was Tae, but not Mark. I feared the worst. But I'd have to ask her later.

"Haru!" I shouted as she ran into my arms. She had visited before, when JiYong and I had broken up.
"Unnie!" She giggled and hugged me. She let go, then noticed JiYong. JiYong smiled shyly down at the little girl. Haru studied the handsome man in front of her, evaluating.
"Is this him? The one that gave you the ring?" She asked, pointing at him.
"I am," JiYong smiled.
"I asked AC, not you. This boy doesn't know manners," Haru sighed. JiYong looked at me for help.
"Yes, he is, Haru. Be nice," I chuckled.
"I accept him. Nice to meet you," Haru bowed politely.
"Nice to meet you too Haru. I'm JiYong," he said.

Later on, JiYong, Tae and I were painting with Haru. She had painted a butterfly and JiYong was helping. He seemed less nervous.
"Would you like a sandwich, Haru?" Tae asked.
"Yes!" She yelled.
"Me too!" JiYong shouted cutely.
"Two sandwiches for Haru and JiYong, coming up!" I smiled and Tae and I went into the kitchen.
"Did you tell him?" I asked as we made the sandwiches.
"Yes," she replied as she stacked ham and cheese onto the bread.
"And? What did he say?!" I almost yelled.
"He said..he.." Tae trailed off, then said, "He said he loves me, and the baby. He wants me to keep it too!"
A tear ran down my cheek as I hugged her. A tear of happiness.
"I'm so happy for you," I smiled.
"Thanks," Tae hugged me once more, and we headed out with the sandwiches.

We set down the plates on the table. Tae turned around first, and burst into laughter.
"What?" I asked and turned around too.
Haru was running around in her underwear, while JiYong lay on the floor, his face red, obviously embaressed. I started giggling.
"Haru, why did you take off your dress?" Tae asked in between sets of laughter.
"It was getting warm in here," Haru shrugged. JiYong was covering his face.
"Haru, put your dress back on, JiYong oppa is embarassed," I told her. She nodded and put it back on. Undressing in front of JiYong? I don't blame her.

A few hours later, Haru went back home. JiYong sighed in relief.
"What a long day," he huffed. And it was about to get longer. My phone rang.
"Who is it?" I asked Tae, who passed me my phone.
"Your mother," she replied. This can't be good, she never calls, only texts.

"Hey mom," I spoke into the phone. I heard sobbing on the other end.
"AC, you've got to come home," she cried.
"What happened? Why?" I asked.
"Your father, h-h-he died," she answered.
"When?" I asked.
"Not long ago. The funeral is in two days. Bring JiYong. I love you sweetheart," she sobbed.
"I love you too mom. We'll fly out tomorrow," I told her and she hung up. I dropped my phone on the ground.
"JiYong, you and I are flying to Canada tomorrow," I said, tears flowing down my cheeks.
"Why? What's wrong?" He asked, taking my hands.
"My father passed away," I replied, falling into his arms. Tae and JiYong comforted me.
"Let's pack our bags. I'll book a flight," JiYong said. Tae walked me to our room and helped me pack. A few phone calls later, JiYong came back.
"Tomorrow morning, we're flying from Seoul to Toronto at 6:00am. We should get to Canada by 3:00am the next day," he said.