Parents and Dresses [Chapter 34]

My mother and Johnathan flew here to Korea yesterday. JiYong and I had greeted them with a smile and my mother even smiled back, a genuine smile too, the first since father passed of cancer.
"You know if you hurt her, I'll kill you," Johnathan threatened, a finger poking JiYong's chest, since that's all he could reach.
"You can't even reach me face," JiYong smirked, but added,"Plus, I wouldn't dare hurt her, because she would kill me too." Johnathan giggled and hugged my fiancé. JiYong's small smile spread into a big one as he hugged the child back.

When we had gotten to my apartment, they met my crazy best friend, Tae. She squealed and hugged both Johnathan and my mother at the same time. Johnathan stared at me, wide-eyed, almost squished. I eased Tae off of them and gave Tae a calm-down-and-be-normal-for-once look and was about to scold her when Taeyong walked in to greet my family too. I gulped, thinking about that night. I hadn't seen him since then. He smiled awkwardly at me as he shook my mothers hand and bowed. He didn't give me his usual hug, and I missed it. I hadn't realized how much I had grown used to my leader's hugs. After all that, we just conversed and planned the wedding a little.

Today, me, my family, JiYong and his family were meeting. As always I was nervous. I drove mother and my little brother to JiYong's place.
"How on earth did you afford this car?" My mother asked, feeling the seats.
"My soon-to-be husband is a kpop idol, what do you expect?" I replied, smiling cheerfully.
"Is that why you're marrying him?" Johnathan joked.
"You wish," I snickered.

When we got inside, my mother and Johnathan went to the living room to meet JiYong's parents first. I jumped around in front of theliving room double doors until JiYong came to me.
"You can come meet then now," he smiled. I whimpered and hugged his waist.
"What if they don't like me?" I asked.
"Hey, listen," JiYong lifted my chin,"If I love you, so will they."

I walked in smiling shyly and they stood and bowed, so I bowed lower to show my respect.
"Annyeonghaseyo," I said in korean.
"JiYongie, I thought you were exaggerating when you said she was beautiful, but you're right," JiYong's mother smiled happily and took my hands.
"Oh! Thank you," I giggled.
"I approve of her. I'm sorry, I really thought it would be a bad idea to marry a foreigner but I like her already," his father chuckled.
We all slipped into happy conversation, deciding details of the wedding and such.
I was getting a glass of water later when JiYong's mother came in and hugged me.
"I just want you to know we accept you, not just because JiYongie is in love with you, but because we think you will be a lovely addition to our family. You two are perfect," she smiled happily, then headed back tothe livingroom, leaving me standing there, grinning like a maniac.

The next day, Tae, Haru and I went looking for wedding dresses. No one else would see the dress until the wedding. Tae and Haru were my bridesmaids and JiYong's best men were Taeyong and Taeyang. Well.

Haru sat in a chair as Tae waited outside, next to a mirror as I tried on different wedding dresses. The first one was a big poofy one. I walked out with a frown on my face. Tae snickered,"You look like a marshmallow." Haru shook her head vilently and pointed back to the change room.
The next one was short, almost like a skirt. I cringed when I looked in the mirror.
"Neeeeext!" Haru said.

"How many more are there?" Tae sighed after the 26th dress I had tried on.
"Just three or four," I wiped my brow. With not much hope, I tried the next one on. It went all the way down to my feet (see picture above). I walked out and Tae dropped the magazine she was holding, gasping.
"Wow unnie," Haru said, running up to hug me. I smiled and picked her up, then looked in mirror.
"This is the one," I smiled.