Vampire Emerald's for Melissa (Chapter 1)

so this is the first chapter. like i said its still a work in progress but I hope you enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Life's a bitch, and then you die.

It had been awhile now since dad had died, leaving me with his money and the house, along with my now alcoholic mother and my overly protective brother. I could prove the last two. I know, its not as bad as some people's problems, but you deal. My brother Jason is my favorite of the two I would rather deal with him any day rather than my mother.

I never had a problem with spending money, I got what I wanted when I wanted it. But I wasn't spoiled if I was it was only by my doing. That's how I got all my clothes and the car is because I was the sole beneficiary on my fathers will. But I did make sure that my brother and mom were taken care of first.

As I sat there thinking to myself I was happy that tomorrow was the first day back at school. In fact my senior year of high school. I went to bed, hopeing that tomorrow would be better than the last few weeks of summer break had been and that Blake would just be a fading memory.

My radio blared the tune to My Chemical Romance's song Famous Last Words. I hit the snooze button thinking how ironic it was that the first thing I hear is a song about last words. I got quickly dressed, raked a brush through my hair, and looked in the full body mirror.

My raven color hair flowed down just to the middle of my back, my eyes had an electric blue glow that sparkled in the light my tan skin blazed with a golden glow assisting my tight aquamarine spaghetti strap top and white washed skinny jeans to emphasize my curves. I decided to slip on some flats, picked up my backpack and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Melissa". I hear my mom shout from the kitchen.

"I'm right here you don't have to yell." I said as I walked through the swinging door that lead to the kitchen.

"Took you long enough. Where did the Malibu go?" she said.

"It was in the bottom left had cabinet next to the stove where all the liquor is."

"Its not there."

"Then you probably drank it." to which I applied a lot of sarcasm.

"Don't take that tone with me. You have no right."

I rolled my eyes because I knew I had the right to be like that, and walked away to talk to my brother. She still tried to talk to me not noticing that I was ignoring her. She went back to looking for the bottle of Malibu I guess because she stopped talking and I could hear the clanking of bottles as she rummaged for it.

"Hi."

"Hey, ready for school?" Jake said.

"Probably as ready as I will ever be."

"In that case let's go." As he picked up is backpack and started walking.

"Ok."

I grabbed a cereal bar stuffed it in my back pack grabbed my car keys and walked out the door after Jake, As a faint cry of victory crossed the threshold, apparently my mom had found the Malibu no doubt it would be gone before I got home. With that I shut the door and ran to catch up with Jake who by that time had already jumping into his car. We both pulled out and left.

©vampire_vixen