Vampire Emerald's for Melissa (Chapter 29)

ok so i know it is short but for thoses that are really interested it only gets better. also dont forget to read my other story and say yes or no to keep it. so Vote and COMMENT!!! and tell me what you think....COMMENT!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

*****Will's POV*****

I decided that me trying to talk to her would be better than anyone else. I walked to her room and easily got past her lock on the door. I turned the handle while knocking on the door.

"Melissa can I come in?"

She looked up and wiped her eyes. Sniffling in the process.

"What's wrong Mellow?" I had been calling her that a lot lately and she didn't seem to mind. It had been 2 weeks since she had held up in her room. She hasn't left either. The window stays closed with the blinds shut and curtains drawn. I don't know how she has lasted so long without any blood.

"It's nothing just leave me alone please can you just find something. To....." she zoned out on me.

"Melissa......hello" I waved my hand in front of her eyes.

"Don't bother. She cant hear you." I turned around and Max was sitting in the chair hidden in the shadows.

"What do you mean she cant hear me."

"She does that. When she is thinking about something very hard."

"How long have you been in here?" I hadn't seen him in a while.

"4 days give or take."

"4 DAYS! Max your going to starve."

"No worse than her. She hasn't fed in over 2 weeks. She's is setting a new all time record within our group."

"will you just leave and go get something to drink."

"I cant I have been having a sinking feeling for the last few days and I wanted to keep an eye on her." the look in his eyes was evident that he felt like the world rested on his shoulders.

"Relax she will be fine for a few minutes while we get some blood from the fridge."

He reluctantly got up and followed me down the hall leaving her door open. Little did we all realize how fast she could easily move out of our lives.

We all walked back to her room to see if she would take a day and finally come out of her room when we got back she was dressed backpack on her shoulder and a piece of paper in her hand.

*****Melissa's POV*****

I knew what I needed to do. I had made a few choices ones that would test relationships and probably break some hearts. News that would probably make people even more worried now.

"Max...I'm so sorry." I felt tears betray me. Racing down my face. "I have to do this now before its too late."

I threw the paper to him. And disappeared from their lives for now. I wouldn't be responsible for anything that happened to them.

*****Max's POV*****

How could she just get up and leave. Why would she do that to us. To Will, Derek, and Rob....poor Jake....and Me. I looked at the paper that lay in my hands now. On the front written in beautiful script was a note.

"Read this when your alone. Burn it after you have, and whatever you do don't let Jake see this. -Melissa"

Everyone raced around out of the house and started yelling her name thinking she was still close by. I knew she wasn't even in this state anymore. Her entire presence was gone. I gently unfolded the note after locking her bedroom door again and walking into the bathroom sitting on the side of the tub.

"Max,

There are so many things that I would have liked to have told you before everything had come to this. I am just glad that we actually got to spend that time together. Let me tell you I have loved you from the first day that I saw you in class, to the day that I came back with Jake in tow when you picked me up. But I can't let this go on. People coming and attacking the house, Star taking you, the Werewolf's attacking us. And that stranger that Evan showed me isn't a stranger I know her. But that is beside the point. Max by now your probably sitting in the bathroom, its something that I would do. If you are look under the sink there should be a manila folder behind the shampoo's and bath salts. Attached to it on the inside is another note."

I rummaged though the sink finally finding the folder in the very back of the cabinet. I dumped out the contents and picked up the note.

"If your wondering what all this stuff is the answer is waiting for you but you have to find it."

There were photos of blotches and papers, finally I opened a smaller envelope and out popped a pregnancy test strip. Showing two deep blue lines. Now it made sense the blotches were actually ultrasounds of the baby. I found a little 4x5 note card stuck onto the back of a photo that looked like if you folded it in half it would be exactly the same and written in bright neon green in were the words till this day I will never forget.

"Our baby's. 3 ½ months. On the left our Boy on the Right our baby Girl. You're a dad Max. I love you. And so do they. I didn't know how to tell you. I thought that I should though. don't worry both of them are perfectly healthy. We will see you soon. We Love You. - Melissa and the Twins."

I cried. Those were the first pictures of my babies and I didn't even know it.

I sat there for hours wondering if I should put everything back under the cupboard. I picked everything up putting it all back in the envelope all except for the ultrasound of the twins. I walked back into my room putting the folder in my dresser and the ultrasound on my nightstand in front of a picture of their mother.

©vampire vixen