Vampire Emerald's for Melissa (Chapter 37)

Vote and COMMENT!!!! i may be ending this story soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 37

All four of them stood there half smiles evident on their faces.

"Melissa let them be, maybe the picture turned out pretty good." Max was now leaning on his elbows. I looked into his eyes and knew I had lost.

"Ok. But why were you four taking pictures anyway?"

"were making a scrapbook of the family." I looked at Roxy who was now wearing a beautiful lilac dress.

"you will see we have to finish first though." Marcus walked away followed by the two girls and Kory. I leaned back against Max's ribs.

"what do you think they are up too?" I smiled at max.

"i don't know but they all look like they are having fun along with happy."

"yeah they do. I just wish that I knew what they were doing."

"you will find out when they are ready to show you."

"You're right. Why don't we take some time and do some hunting. It will give us some time to relax and let some stress go." I got up pulling max into the kitchen with me.

"Derek!" I watched him turn around.

"You!" he looked upset.

"Me? What did I do?" I turned and looked to Max for help.

"You sent those little monsters on me with that camera, every time I turn around there is a flash going off in my face." as if to emphasize his point Iris jumped out and snapped a picture of all three of us. Derek turned around his eyes burning in his face.

"Ok. I get the point. We will take the with us." I looked at the relief on Derek's face.

"Thank God." he threw his hands up into the air and sighed.

"Your welcome." I said. He laughed.

"Could you also turn water into wine for me?" he said holding the glass of water up for me.

"Smart Ass." I laughed at Derek's face. "Alright Iris, Marcus, Melody, and Kory. Get your shoes were all going for a walk."

"Yeah!" They all screamed in unison as each took off trying to find their shoes. Twenty minutes later we all were ready as we headed off through the forest.

"What are we going to do?" Kory asked as we walked.

"We are going to let loose. Enjoy the outdoors, also your father and I are going to teach you some control. By our rules the twins know better than to use their powers in front of you. But they are allowed to in the forest as long as we are around." Max stepped forward.

"Go ahead you two show them some of your powers."

iris and Marcus stepped forward from Melody and Kory. I watched as Iris levitated off the forest floor surrounding herself in fire as her brother raised up boulders throwing them into the air. Smashing them into tiny pebbles against the huge redwood trees, as huge pieces of bark broke off. I watched as their faces showed amazement, joy, and curiosity.

"We can do that." Kory said. Not only was I shocked but so were Max and the twins.

"Really?" I looked at them both, and watched as melody controlled the weather, covering the ground in a fine dusting of snow. Kory collected some of the snow as it melted into his hand it traveled to his finger tips as it froze there, he spun around and I watched as the ice was launched from his fingers and embedded into the tree behind him. They had no teachers and yet they showed so much control over what they had developed. It was amazing.

"That's not all that we can do."

Clapping was herd. "Amazing." I turned around and Star was standing right there.

"Max take the kids back to the house. I will follow." Max knew I could handle Star by myself but he didn't leave. He called everyone else at the house. It didn't take me but two seconds to react. I jumped at her. She dodged me easily we jumped and ran. She wasn't attacking me though.

"Melissa stop!" She yelled at me.

"Why the hell are you here."

"I wanted to talk to you. I wanna join with you and everyone else."

"Fat Chance. I highly doubt that they are gonna want you on our team anyway."

"Melissa." everyone was standing below us. I dropped down from the trees and stood in front of them. Star stood across from everyone.

"What do you want Star." Max asked through clenched teeth.

"To join the group. Plus you cant win the fight without some help." she stated.

Everyone looked around at each other.

"I say we take a vote." Will and Rob said at the same time.

I looked over at them my mouth popped open like I had just seen the stupidest thing ever.

"Are you two crazy?"

"No. but she is right. I say she stays." Rob said.

"Same here." Will said.

"Max...." I eyed him.

"They are right Melissa. I'm going with them." He stated looking like he felt bad about it.

"Fine." I looked away from them.

"Awesome. I knew this was part of my destiny" she started jumping up and down giggling. Everyone else started walking back to the house. The kids in the center.

I grabbed Star and pushed her into a tree.

"Look princess. If You slip up even once, or if I even think that your a threat to my kids, my friends, or my fiancee. You won't have to worry about your destiny anymore, because I will make sure that your destiny ends right then and there." I dropped her following everyone else as she picked herself up and walked far behind everyone like a dog with her tail between her legs.

©vampire_vixen