Vampire Emerald's For Melissa (Chapter 34)

Chapter 34

*****Derek's POV*****

"Mommy! Daddy!" The twins took off across the beach to were their parents now laid in the sand. I ran after Drake.

"Drake!" I was gaining on him with ever step I took. I was almost there when a girl jumped out from the trees ahead of me.

"Hi Derek." Crap. It was Star. I really didn't care. I wanted Drake. I tried to run past her but it was too late I noticed the pipe too late. The ringing in my ears was terrible and I was wet I tried to move but I didn't help. The resounding clink of chains brought me to reality.

"O so your finally awake. Derek." her voice was like nails on a chalk board. Star walked towards me her hand running up my chest, around the curve of my neck, finally her hand stopped on my cheek. "I missed you. Ever since that siren captured you and Max. I am sorry that she entranced you two for so long. It took me forever to come up with a good plan to free you from her clutches. Too bad that I couldn't save Max too." she giggled and moved around the other side of the table that I was chained too.

"You are way deluded Star. If anything Melissa saved us from the daily torment that you brought onto our house. You tried to drown Max the last time we saw you. If that's your brilliant idea of a rescue please don't ever try to rescue me because I like my life particularly the part where I live with my friends and Melissa."

She slammed her hand on the table. "Don't you ever say that name in this place again or so help me you will regret it."

"Melissa, Melissa......MELISSA!" I yelled. As I laughed at her. Her face turned bright red and her eyes flared a bright violet. I felt my blood start to boil. I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"I told you don't ever say that name again. Unless you want more of the same punishment."

I tried to move again. The chains didn't even budge.

*****Jake's POV*****

Derek had been gone almost a day and Melissa and Max still hadn't woken up yet either. The twins never budged from their parents side as they watched them both laying on the couches in the living room. They sat on two chairs holding hands watching their parents waiting for something to happen. When it did no one expected it though. Melissa sat bolt upright looking around wildly her face prickled with sweat. The saddest eyes looking out from her face. As a single tear rolled down her face.

"Melissa....You ok?" I asked hesitantly as I looked at the expression on her face. Will and Rob standing right behind me.

"No......They have Derek." she kept stareing at the wall.

"What?"

"They took Derek. That day on the beach. He left.....That's when they took him."

"It's ok. As soon as Max is up we will plan a rescue."

"Too Late. A rescue has already begun." she hopped up from the couch. Taking the twins with her into the room she shared with Max.

*****Melissa's POV*****

"I need you two to stay here. Please I need you two to do this for me. Keep your father here. No matter what he says. Don't let him leave. I do not want him leaving this place. Promise me."

The twins looked unconvinced. Glanced at each other and then said. "We Promise."

"That's my kids." I hugged them both kissed each of them and took a glance at them. Iris with her fathers penetrating glance. And Marcus with his fathers looks. I knew Max would probably never forgive me for this. I changed into a pair of black skinny's and a black tank top. Strapped knives to my thighs, put on a gun harness, two .22's into the holders by my ribs. I grabbed my jacket and walked into the living room expecting hell to pay. And I was right. I walked through the door and was greeted by 4 guys telling me that I wasn't allowed to leave. Including my future husband who had just sat up on the couch.