Lust

You were sitting in the third desk back, first row, the class was English. I hated the subject, passionately. You were texting someone, probably one of those off and on girlfriends you have every couple of months. I'd never be an off and on girlfriend of yours, I knew.

The teacher finally stopped lecturing, and I finally got a chance to talk to you. You sat in the seat beside me, so that you, my best friend, and I could "work together" on our assignment. I bluntly asked, 'Is it really your birthday today?" You turned to look at me and with a little grin said yes. I told you "Happy Birthday" and attempted to give you the most sincere smile I could muster, although my stomach was in intense pain and I felt like crying because of it.

You smiled and told me thank you. You asked when my birthday was. I told you the date and with a little laugh said that you'll probably forget it. You laughed and said you probably would, but it was nice to know it anyway. I thought about getting you a little present. Maybe a little cheesy card with some candy. What kind of present do you give to a guy like you?

I spaced out for the rest of class, thinking about how I wanted to be with you. I wanted you. I brushed off the thought, thinking how selfish I sounded. But, there was something about the way you smiled at me that made me remember our little memories.

We had to drive together, and I'd always tease you because I told you that you were such a bad driver, even though you were much better than I was at driving. You'd tease me and say that I'd have to buy us snacks on the way home if I did worse than you. I always did worse than you, but you'd always buy us snacks to share on the way home. Peach rings and Mountain Dew, that was our little gas station snack run.

I remembered the first time you grabbed my ass. How, I thought you were being perverted, but I liked it in some weird way. It was a strange feeling for me, and I felt like I had to be prudish because, well, everyone around me was. Another day, you grabbed my waist, and kissed my cheek, telling me how pretty I looked that day. That I liked more than the first, by far.

As I remembered, I sat in class wondering why I even liked you. I looked at you, saw you grinning at your phone, and turned back to my paper. The answer was one word:

Lust.