Chapter 43: Arrogant Little Puppet Men

Luck was on my side, seeing as when I got closer to the large stone walls I could see explosions and sand flying through the sky. Another lucky break on my behalf, was that I found Sasori waited about twenty yards from the village, staring up at the sky in distaste.

"Brother." I greeted, skidding to a stop beside the creepy puppet.

Sasori shifted his eyes to me as the kicked up sand drifted in the desert wind. "Why are you here, brat?"

"I finished my mission way before you so I asked Pain-sama to let me join you idiots." Running a hand through my bangs, I looked up at the explosions with a frown. If only I had been earlier, I probably could have joined the blond bomber.

"It's Shukaku, the One-Tail, right?" I asked, crouching down as to be more comfortable for the long wait. Sasori simply grunted, making me roll my eyes. We sat for what seemed like hours before Deidara finally landed the bird beside us, the Jinchuuriki wrapped up in its tail feathers.

"About time, Deidara-chan." I commented. His eyes snapped to me in bewilderment before shrugging and walking along beside Sasori as the puppet man turned around. Nothing important really happened - other than us making several different trails to confuse the ninja that would no doubt follow us. It was after another hour that we were stopped from a brat with purple face paint.

When it was revealed he was a puppet master, I nearly scoffed at the situation. When Sasori told us to go ahead while he took care of teh little brat, I sighed in relief. I didn't wanna deal with little boy's thinking their so big and bad simply because they could control puppets. Then again, I was the same way with my explosions.

The few times I ever used puppets were few and far between - and usually a last ditch effort if I couldn't do close-combat and ran out of my bombs.

"Let's get movin', Dei-dei." I called to the blond, practically skipping through the desert sand that I barely felt getting itself into my shoes. I was so used to it by now that I didn't even care.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note
Hello one and all. It's been quite a long time since an update occured, hasn't it? I've actually lost my touch with Daseki. As such, I've decided to edit the original plot a bit. I'll see you in another few months, probably xD
What's it been, seven?
~Mew

Pic on the side is a cover created by CoconutsMigrate~