Chapter 13: Hand Mouths

~Chapter 13~

~Hand Mouths~

"Daseki, un!!" Deidara's yell echoed through the base and my eyes widened before I cloaked my chakra. I moved aside one of the posters that simply had my name in kanji on it and scurried into the hole. I replaced the poster, scurrying through the hole until I came out to a space as big as the alcove was. It had been two weeks since I had joined the Akatsuki and I've created this little hiding spot to get away from Deidara whenever he tries to kill me for eating his food.

I peeked though the hole in the wall which went five feet and allowed me to look into the living room. With a few mirrors I control with my chakra strings, I was able to watch the entire room. Deidara had stormed out of the kitchen, his face completely red. He quickly hopped up into the alcove and I used a mirror I had positioned across the living room from me to allow me to watch him. He was looking around the alcove, checking under the blankets. He growled before dropping into the living room and disappearing down the hall.

I let out a sigh of relief, fixing the mirrors back into their normal positions before turning to the place I had dubbed 'the hole'.

There was another palette down here (I had stole Deidara's bed sheets and the idiot still hasn't figured it out yet. Kakuzu wasn't happy having to buy new ones.), my backpack and a shelf which had probably five hundred slots that I held my poisons and other vials in.

I sighed, heading over to the palette and pulled a book from under the pillow as Deidara's (surprisingly good) scent wafted around me. It would still be a while til it faded.

I flipped to the page I had left off before engrossing myself in the wonders of Make-Out Paradise. I had found it under Kisame's bed and he still didn't know I had it.

"Daseki! Where the fuck are you, yeah?!" I faintly heard Deidara yell as I turned the page.

~3rd Person POV~

Deidara growled to himself, stomping into his room. Sasori barely glanced at him from where he worked on a puppet.

Deidara started looking under both beds then the closet and bathroom.

"She's not in here." Sasori told him, monotone.

"How do I know you're not lying to me, un?" Deidara shot back as he looked in the bathroom cupboards.

"Because Daseki hasn't talked to me let alone would she hide in my room." Sasori answered. Deidara emerged from the bathroom, frowning. He had a good point.

Deidara sighed before stomping out of the room. 'I don't even know why we allowed her to join. All she does is steal stuff and laze around, yeah! The only thing she has right for the Akatsuki is her attitude, un!'

He narrowed his eyes at the alcove she had taken as her 'room' before heading over to it again. He jumped inside, being more thorough.

He felt along the walls, even. She may have a secret hiding spot. Deidara was rewarded when he felt the poster with her name on it shift inwards as his hands brushed it.

Deidara brushed it aside, revealing a hole big enough for Daseki to fit. The artist smirked, shuffling inside. As he got to the end he peeked his head out slightly, seeing the red head lounging on a bed palette, a book in her hands. Deidara glanced at the hole she was hiding it, the size of it about as big as the alcove. All that was in there was the palette, a shelf with vials and her backpack.

Deidara silently crawled over to the unsuspecting girl before jumping on her.

He had the rare opportunity to see shock and surprise in her amber eyes before they went blank. She went to punch him but Deidara grabbed both her wrists, holding her arms above her head. He was sitting on her stomach, preventing her from moving as he lowered his face to hers.

"Found you, yeah." He growled.

She smirked, a mocking expression adorning her features while her eyes stayed blank as ever.

"Took you long enough, Dei-dei." Deidara's eye twitched. She had taken to calling him that to piss him off.

"When the hell did you make this place, un?" He asked. He was still pissed but faintly curious.

She shrugged the best she could with him restricting her arms. "About a week ago."

"How, hmm?"

"Silent explosives." She tried shrugging again while Deidara's eyebrows furrowed.

He went to comment before he stopped himself. He looked like he scolded himself internally before glaring at the calm redhead again.

"Where's my dango, yeah?" He growled.

Daseki furrowed her eyebrows in genuine confusion. "You had dango? I thought those were Itachi's!"

"Why would you think that, un?!" He snapped.

"Because I saw him grab them from the fridge then head to his room an hour ago?" She deadpanned.

Deidara growled, his blue eyes like fire. Daseki finally took notice of something: their position.

Deidara was sitting on her stomach, one of his hands holding both her wrists while his other hand was an inch from her head. His long bangs were tickling her cheek, seeing as he had his face bent near hers.

Suddenly she felt something wet on her wrists and furrowed her eyebrows, turning her head enough to look at her wrists. His hand were engulfing both of them so unless he was sweating profusely, what was it?

Deidara took notice of her shifting, snapping out of his thoughts of the bastard Uchiha.

He followed her eyes to her wrists which he held in one hand. Why was she- wait.

The hand mouths.

Deidara blushed, instantly letting go of her wrists and brought his hand near himself, scowling at the mouth on his hand that smiled creepily.

"Oops." Deidara grumbled. Daseki rose an eyebrow.

"What was that?" She asked.

"My....uh....hand mouth, yeah?" Deidara answered hesitantly, his face red. Only it as from embarrassment instead of anger.

Daseki rose an eyebrow, instantly knowing what he was talking about. She had had Kisame explain everyone's basic fighting styles earlier in the week.

She sat up on her elbows, seeing as that was as far as she could go with Deidara still on top of her, and glanced at his hand. It's mouth opened, letting a slimey tongue wiggle in the air.

Daseki immediately thought to Make-Out Paradise and how much those hands mouths could be used in the book. Daseki felt her eye twitch.

'Stupid book's making me perverted.' She thought. Meanwhile Deidara had finally taken notice of their position. He yelped slightly before flinging himself off her.

Daseki rose an eyebrow, sitting up and sitting cross-legged as she watched him. He was blushing so bad the tips of his ears had turned red.

"S-sorry, y-yeah." He stuttered out. Daseki simply shrugged, grabbing the orange-covered book which had fallen by her side and flipped to the correct page.

As she continued reading, Deidara took a closer inspection of the palette she was sitting on.

"Those are my sheets, yeah! So you're the one that stole 'em! I thought it was Hidan, un!" Deidara shouted. Daseki sighed, memorizing her page number before snapping the book closed.

She pushed it under the pillow, climbing underneath the black comforter. She turned on her side, her back facing Deidara as he yelled at her.

"Go away, Deidara." She ordered, closing her eyes.

The blond blinked in surprise. That was the first time this week she had called him his real name.

Deidara sighed before climbing up the tunnel and climbing out into the alcove. He replaced the poster with Daseki's name, deciding to leave her be just this once.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

Elloooo....how'd y'all like the Deidaraness of this chapter yeah? Is it just me or is he a little OOC ._. Opinions please?

~Mew