Chapter 42: Present

~Chapter 42~

~Present~

"Pain-sama, can I go catch up with Sasori and Deidara?" I questioned, walking into his office after knocking.

His purple, ringed eyes shifted over to me and he scowled. "Why?"

"I have a feeling this mission ain't gonna be successful without some casualties and I think it'd benefit you if I went to make sure that didn't happen."

He rose an eyebrow, lacing his fingers together on top of his mahogany desk.

"What makes you so sure about that?"

"Well, you'd have to find a new member if one of them died. Or have Tobi as a replacement." We both grimaced and he sighed, nodding his head.

"Alright. Head out to the base along the Land of Wind border and wait for them to return with the jinchuuriki."

"Gotcha, Pain-sama! Thanks!" I saluted him and ran out of the office, transporting myself into my room.

"Oi, kid!!" I heard Kisame shout.

I scowled, glancing up from putting bombs in my weapon pouch as Kisame suddenly poofed into my room.

"Yeah?"

"When's your birthday?" He asked curiously.

"'Bout five months from now." I inclined my head, pulling on my Akatsuki coat I had thrown in the corner yesterday when Hidan and I had returned.

"Damn." I glanced over at the blue fish-like man, frowning curiously as I saw him hiding something behind his back.

"What's that?"

His eyes widened and he took a step back. "Nothing. Early present, I suppose."

I rose an eyebrow, transporting behind him and caught sight of a katana before he turned swiftly, rejecting any time for me to look at the details.

"A katana?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

He gave a toothy grin, his sharp teeth flashing. "Yup! Found it in a sword shop on my last mission."

He brought the sword into my line of view and my eyes widened in surprise. The blade was completely black and the hilt was a blood red with a black chain hanging off the end. Kinda reminded my of Ichigo Kurosaki's sword, only it wasn't completely black and the guard didn't look like a Nazi symbol. Instead it was star shaped with only four points, much like Toshiro Hitsugaya.

"It looks epic. Thanks, Kisame!" His smile brightened as he handed it to me, also giving me the sheath which was blood red as well.

I copied his way of holding his sword, placing the sheath on my back and twirling the sword in my hand a few times before sheathing it.

"Hopefully it'll be seeing battle soon. I'm going to go help out Deidara and Sasori."

He nodded, rubbing the top of my head. "Good luck, kid. See ya when you get back."

I stuck my tongue out as he disappeared before returning to packing my stuff quickly.

I had left the base quickly after, determined to catch up with the two males instead of heading to the base like Pain had told me to.

I knew it was going against orders but still, I knew they probably only just got to the villages considering Sasori was using that old man puppet whenever he traveled and didn't like riding on Deidara's clay birds.

I used the transportation jutsu a lot, only traveling a few miles at a time before running the same amount of length and then transporting again. It was tiring, yes, but I've been training to build up my stamina, a decision I was proud of at this moment.

It was about noon when I finally entered the desert, scowling at the thought of maybe seeing granny and gramps. There was no telling on how they'd react to me being in the Akatsuki. Then again, they've probably learned about it by now. Although....they hadn't known about Sasori....

Well, fuck.

Eh, oh well, maybe I'd get to talk to them for a few moments.

When my internal babbling came to an end I focused on my surroundings, knowing I was approximately ten minutes from being at the village.

'Well....let's see if I missed any of the action.' I thought, my eyes locked onto the large walls protecting the village.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

Sorry for the long wait and probably short ass chapter o.o" but anyway! In celebration of the NWA (Naruto Warty Awards) voting time being started, I decided to upload! Go and vote at NarutoWattyAwards please ^^ my stories Dragio, The One That Survived and this one are all nominated. Peace!

~Mew