Chapter 21: Truth

~A/N: Deidara is 16, btw. My friend was being stupid and thought he was 19 right now so I'm just gonna clarify. This is a few months after the Chunin Exam Arc, seeing as Daseki stole Orochimaru's ring when he was in Konoha during chapter 9. And as Daseki stated a few chaps ago, her birthday has passed. Meaning its a little after December and its been a full year in the Naruto world. Deidara's birthday will be coming up on May 5th so he'll be 17 then. There's only a 3 year and few month gap in age. Deidara's not a pedophile -.- plus, technically, Daseki was born in the Naruto world 23 yrs ago so she would've been older than him. Just clarifying. You may read now xD ~

~Chapter 21~

~Truth~

~Daseki's POV~

When I woke up, Deidara was sitting next to me flipping through my poison notebook. I kept all the ingredients and cures in there.

His other hand was stroking through my hair for some reason and I noticed he had pulling the hair tie out. I also took notice that my head was using his leg as a pillow.

I glanced up at Deidara's face and his brows were furrowed as he tried reading my writing. The reason he couldn't? It was written in Spanish. I've encountered a lot of people who spoke Spanish on my days in Earth so I had had one of my social workers before Heather get me a Rosetta Stone thing.

It took awhile but I had become fluent in the language.

"What're you doing?" I mumbled. He glanced down at me then back at the book.

"Do you have this coded or something, un?"

"It's another language." I mumbled, turning over and pressing my face against his stomach to block out the light. I had hooked up a really bright lamp by using the plugs in the living room through a secret hole in the wall.

"Which one, yeah?" His hand started to stroke my hair again.

"Spanish."

"Never heard of it, un."

"Of course you wouldn't."

"What's that mean?"

I paused, frowning. "Long story."

"I have time." He closed my book and I looked up at him, debating.

I sighed sitting up and after a quick look at him I looked down at my lap, wringing my hands together. I bit my lip then began.

~~~~

Deidara sat silently, staring at my hand. I knew it was my tell when my pinkie curled and it hadn't done that once the entire time.

"Well that was a shocker, yeah."

That's your only reaction?" I rose an eyebrow and he smirked.

"It's still sinking in. You said Kisame knew this too, right?" I nodded. "What was his reaction, un?"

"He passed out for half an hour." I snickered quietly as he let out a short laugh.

"At least I'm taking it better than him, yeah." He mumbled, laying back on the palette as he rubbed his face.

He looked at me with a sigh. "Well at least I know the truth, hmm. Any other things I need to know about, yeah?"

I thought for a moment before ticking off things on my fingers. "Origin, life, orphanages, sleepwalking, pyromaniac, meteor, apparent disappearance....nah, that's pretty much it!"

I looked at him with a close-eyed smile and he chuckled, shaking his head. "You're so weird, yeah."

"Says the tranny." He glared playfully at me before we both paused, looking at the center of the hole as Kisame suddenly spoofed in. He scowled down at us, nodding at me.

"Pain-sama needs you." And with that, he disappeared again.

I frowned in confusion before nodding at Deidara. "See ya."

As he nodded I transported myself in front of Pain's door, knocking.

"Come in." He ordered, his tone emotionless as usual.

I walked in, seeing him sitting at his desk with Konan by his side. I was completely convinced those two had a 'thing' going on.

"You sent Kisame to get me?" I questioned and he nodded.

"I'll be sending you on a mission with Itachi and Kisame." He told me, tossing me a scroll. I caught it, frowning as I read.

It was an S-rank and we had to find the leader of a gang that's been messing with a village for a few years. They kept raping the women, stealing food, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, we were meant to locate their base and destroy it along with exterminating the entire gang made up of rouge shinobi.

"People really have no lives." I grumbled before looking up at Pain and rolling up the scroll.

"If I may, why are you sending me on a mission with Itachi and Kisame?"

"They need a bomber." Was his simple reply. "And before you ask, Deidara and Sasori are going to have a mission of their own."

I grumbled under my breath but sighed and nodded. "Have the others been informed?"

"Yes. You're to leave in an hour." I nodded and made a handsign, disappearing. When I got back to my room Deidara had gone so I quickly packed my stuff. I grabbed a lot of my bombs once I changed to my normal clothes along with my poisons. I strapped a large scroll onto my back like you would a katana, smirking to myself. I had a new jutsu to try out.

"Kid! Let's go!" Kisame called from the living room.

I slipped on my cloak, leaving it unbuttoned as I appeared in the living room with my hands stuffed in my pants pockets.

Itachi and Kisame nodded when they saw me and we quickly headed out.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

....eh .-.

~Mew