Chapter 30: Mission With A Plant

~Chapter 30~

~Mission With A Plant~

~Daseki's POV~

....did he really just say that? I thought, staring at Sasori wide-eyed. He gazed back at me calmly, his eyes half-hooded.

After a few minutes of just staring at him, I nodded and turned back to look up at the full moon.

"Thanks...." He nodded, standing there while neither of us spoke. After awhile he let out a sigh and sat on the ground a few feet away from me.

"So....why are you suddenly trying to become a big brother?" I questioned curiously. He blinked, turning his eyes to my face before continuing to stare up at the moon.

"The brat gave me a book about big brothers." Was his only explanation.

I blinked in surprise before tilting my head. "And you actually read it?"

"Yup. I needed some pointers anyway." He stated. I snorted, looking down at me.

"I'm sorry."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Um....thanks...."

He nodded while I continued staring at the sky.

Hm....so he actually does have a heart....somewhere, anyway.

"Mission, eh?" I muttered, walking into Pain's office. He nodded, looking at me seriously.

"This one can get....bloody. More so than usual, anyway. You're going with Zetsu." Pain announced. My eyes widened and I stared at him incredulously.

"I'm going with who?" I questioned. He regarded me seriously, motioning with his hand towards a wall where Zetsu formed out of.

"You'll be heading just to the outskirts of Amegakure. There's some gang members causing trouble for the merchants. Kill them." I shrugged nodding.

"Alright. Oi, I'll get my crap then meet you outside." I told Zetsu and he nodded, going back into the wall. I nodded over to Pain before transporting to my room. I grabbed some vials, smirking before transporting outside. Zetsu was standing there and I nodded, jumping up onto a tree branch of the closest tree.

Zetsu went back into the ground and I tilted my head, starting to head towards where they would probably be. It'd be more near the river, probably. That's where a lot of abadoned buildings and warehouses are.

When we got there I jumped down onto the ground, Zetsu forming beside me. I turned to look at him, my face turning blank.

"Don't get in my way, bitch. Why are you always so rude? Because being nice is a waste of time when I'm eventually going to eat her."

"Alright, you freaks. Let's just go kill them. You can eat whoever you wish as long as it ain't me. I'll poison you." Zetsu stared at me for a moment before nodding and following me into one of the warehouses.