Chapter 12: Cheap Ass

~Chapter 12~

~Cheap Ass~

"What the hell happened to the wall?!" Somebody suddenly shouted. Both Itachi and Kisame paused while I poked my head out of the pantry, a Pocky stick hanging from my mouth. Turns out they had a lot of candy.

"Uh oh....you're in for it kid." Kisame said, sipping at his fourth cup of coffee as that one dude, Kakuzu, stormed into the kitchen.

"Who dug a hole in the wall?!" He snapped.

"Technically I exploded it." I stated, taking a bite of the Pocky.

He turned his weird eyes to me, glaring. "Why?"

"Sleep bombing?" I suggested, turning back and walking into the pantry.

"Do you know how much it costs to fix a cave wall?!"

"No? I didn't know you could have someone fix it, actually." I replied, picking up the box of Pocky and just sticking it in my inside cloak pocket.

"Well you can. And it's expensive." He hissed. I poked my head out of the pantry, looking Kakuzu up and down before raising an eyebrow.

"You're a cheap ass, aren't you?" Kisame started laughing loudly while Kakuzu gained an irk mark. Itachi was just quietly sipping at his coffee.

"I rather not waste money on stupid things."

"So cheap?"

His eye twitched and I smirked, biting into another Pocky stick.

~~~~

I lounged on the couch in the living room, yawning. I've been at the Akatsuki for a week and I haven't spoken to Sasori since that first day. In fact, I've barely seen him. Kakuzu had refused to waste money on repairing the wall so I just slept up in the alcove now, seeing as if I actually slept in my bed in Konan's room I ended up back there anyway.

Right now I was just lounging around, bored. Kakuzu and Hidan were out on a mission to the Mist Village so I couldn't try out my new bombs on the Jashinist. And Itachi and Kisame were out on a mission as well, except to the Leaf, so I couldn't bother the fish stick. I could play Shogi....

I nodded to myself, getting up from the couch and walked up the wall to the alcove. I shuffled through my backpack before pulling out the travel Shogi board Ebizo gave me. I made a handsign, creating one shadow clone. She sat on the other side of the board, helping me set up the pieces.

Once that was done, we started. I took the first move, immediately knowing the starting strategy I'd use.

Forty minutes later, I finally won. The clone let out a growl, glaring at me.

I smirked before we reset the board and played again. Halfway through, however, I heard a door open. My clone and I looked at each other in confusion before leaning over the edge of the alcove. A door had appeared and in came Itachi and Kisame before the door disappeared again.

Once we saw that, my clone and I returned to our game, determined to finish.

"Daseki! You up there?" Kisame called.

"Yeah." I answered. A moment later he was standing on the wall beside the alcove, raising an eyebrow at me.

"You're really playing against yourself?"

"I was bored."

"Why don't you train?"

"Tobi's in there painting." I replied. His eyes narrowed.

"Painting what?"

"All he told me was: 'Tobi's a good boy! Tobi's gonna make everyone happier!' And then he shooed me outta the room." I copied Tobi's childish voice perfectly before shrugging. Kisame blinked then cast a glance towards the hallway.

"Mind if I join you then?" He asked. I shurgged as I put down my piece. My clones eyes widened before she started cussing. Repeatedly.

I chuckled, allowing her to disappear and motioned for Kisame to take her spot, setting up the board again.

He leaned Samehada against the wall, watching as I made the first move. He quickly made his move, smirking. Ten minutes later, that smirk was a long way from being on his lips.

"What the hell?! How did you win!" He growled. I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Practice, fish stick. Practice. I'm also epic at poker and blackjack." He glared at me and I smirked, holding up a game piece.

"Wanna try again."

"You're on." He growled. We quickly reset the board and engaged in another game, him at a disadvantage within the first minute.

"How?" He muttered, his face full of confusion about twenty minutes later. I straightened my back, smirking.

"You suck at Shogi."

"I beat everyone though!" He growled. I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously not me."

"You had to of cheated." He accused and I shook my head holding up both hands innocently.

"I didn't need to cheat to beat you. Your strategy was predictable and I easily anticipated your next move. It was a fair game."

He growled, hitting the back of his head against the alcove before sighing and getting up, having to duck his head as he stepped onto the wall.

"I'm going to go sleep now. That mission wore me out." He sighed, grabbing Samehada and leaning it against his shoulder.

"Speaking of the mission, have you heard anything involving the Sand?" I questioned.

He shrugged, starting to walk to the ground. "Apparently Orochimaru murdered the Kazekage and used his face stealing jutsu to pose as him. The Sand was tricked." I blinked in surprise, this information rolling around inside my head.

'So I almost blew up Orochimaru? Sweet.' I smirked to myself before putting up the Shogi pieces and board back in my bag and laid down on the palette I had made from the covers on my bed. I crossed my arms behind my head, closing my eyes.

Its wasn't long before I drifted off to an unplanned nap.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

I've updated this a lot, I've noticed ._. Oh well, that's good for you guys at least. Enjoy, yeah ^^

~Mew