Chapter 5 | Dinner with the Deadly

Part of me was concerned with introducing Ricky to the others, but I have high hopes they'll treat him well. They most likely will if they recognize I care for him somewhat. Because we just met, he's not a good friend like my previous cell mate. There is something special about him though. Everyone tends to have respect for each other, with the exception of Mike.

It's not that Mike doesn't respect people. He just doesn't give a shit about anyone who's under him. The rest of us can either beat him or at his level when it comes to viciousness. We're the only ones here though that could give him a run for his money. Everyone else, they're just food to him. Ricky seems weak, but then again, you'd never think with as feminine as I am that I could be so evil. Maybe there's an inner killer in him that he doesn't know about. It'd be sexy if there was.

Speaking of him being sexy, when we were walking single file to the prison cafeteria, I couldn't help myself from staring at his ass. He's got such a small figure. I want to wreck him, in the most loving way possible. If I ever get out of here, Ricky is the kind of guy I'd like to keep around. He's the type you wouldn't mind waking up and falling asleep next to. And I can bet, I'd never get sick of fucking a guy like him.

Though we are forced to take the food we're given, I saw a look of disgust in his eyes. Not like he didn't want to eat the food we were given, more like he just didn't want any food. It's no wonder he's so skinny. He was like a lost puppy too. I kept leading him around but that was actually good, despite it annoying me. If inmates saw me talking to him and helping him, they got the hint that he was my friend and left him alone.

When I got to our usual table I was off put to see one of the others had invited Vinny to sit with us. I really didn't care but I was surprised. Choosing Mike's first meal back to be the time we invite him to join us might not be the best introduction to our group. Ryan and Vinny are cellmates, so I guess he decided he liked the kid enough to let him around us.

"Sit on my left." I told Ricky as I sat in between Mike and Chris.

Chris will be respectful to him because he has no sexual or bloody interests in men. He just kills his girlfriends. I'm cool with that because women are rotten as fuck. The reason I fucking got caught. I don't like to talk about that though. Besides, I have to focus on keeping Mike at bay. He was already looking at him like a dog staring at a steak.

I smacked Mike upside the head to get him to knock it off. He growled at me but didn't do anything because he knew guards were watching.

"You're no fun." He grumbled.

"I wouldn't care if his life didn't mean something to me. The warden made a deal with me that rides on me keeping him alive." I explained. "By the way, this is my new cellmate, Ricky."

"I'm less interested in him and more interested in the deal you made with the warden." Chris spoke as he leaned forward to look at me over Ricky.

I glanced down at him. "I'll tell you during kitchen duty tomorrow."

Chris nodded and understood that somethings shouldn't be said in front of some people. Aside from worrying that someone else in the prison will hear, I also don't want Mike to know there's active efforts to keep him out of solitary confinement. Knowing him he'd somehow figure out how to screw it up.

"Have you got a job assigned yet?" Chris politely asked Ricky.

He nodded, muttering, "Printing press in the mornings."

"You have to be certified by a library to work there." Balz commented.

Ricky slightly shrugged. "I was a librarian before... this."

"I'd hope they'd qualify you then." he replied, snickering.

"He's a shy one, isn't he?" Mike asked.

"You have no idea." I stated. "It'd be terrified if I was surrounded by a bunch of murders when I wasn't one myself. Well, not on purpose at least. He had an abusive boyfriend and shot him. Boyfriend was a cop so of course the courts wouldn't consider it self defense. At least, that's the story he told me."

I glanced down at him and he looked up with wide eyes. Ricky seemed unhappy and weary of the way I doubted his story. Even with his boyfriend being a cop, the courts wouldn't have given him a sentence under first degree murder. Why would they say it was premeditated if it happened on the spot like he said? Something about the story just didn't seem right. We've got the rest of our lives to spend together so he'll have to tell me eventually.

"He's cute." Mike mused.

I shot him a dirty look, sneering, "He's mine."

"But Deeev, I thought I was yours." He whined while leaning his weight into me.

"You're a hole to fuck, and I haven't even gotten that much out of you." I snapped. "If you leave him alone, I'll give you a proper welcome back tomorrow in the courtyard."

"Okay, before this conversation gets any grosser, how about some introductions?" Ryan suggested.

I smiled at that idea. "How much did you watch the news when you were free?" I asked Ricky.

"Every night. I'd turn it on at the library while I was closing up. Why?" He questioned with worry.

I hummed a bit of an evil laugh. "You might recognize some of our names..."