Chapter 32 | It's Been Awhile

There was this small shop, out in the middle of nowhere. That's where I always find myself, isn't it? Out, in the middle of nowhere? The sky was beautiful tonight. Summer is starting to set in, and the young girls are staying out later. Don't they know they should listen to their parents? It's not safe to be out past ten. I guess I'll just have to make an example out of one of them and teach them a lesson.

I sat drinking on some coffee at the counter of a gas station. My seat looked out the front window, giving me a perfect view to pick my next victim. A group of girls in their late teens and early twenties came stumbling through the front doors. Some were as sober as a baby, others were so drunk they were as incompetent as one. They stared when they saw me, drunk or not.

Suppose I'm a lot to look at. Did they recognize me? I highly doubt it. I look completely different than how I looked when I was in prison. Then, I was similar to Charles Manson in appearance. Now I could go for a cross between Lady Gaga, P!NK, and Demi Lovato. I gave a dirty look in their direction and the responsible one of the group told them to knock it off. I surveyed the group and thought which looked like they deserved it the most. They all did, to be honest. And fuck, everyone deserves to die, so might as well pick the lightest one to hall back.

I walked out front of the store after finishing my coffee. They were taking their time, weren't they? I lit myself a smoke while I waited. One will stray from the pack, they always do. And lucky me, it was one of the smaller ones too. A girl from the group walked out front. She was sober, so probably just annoyed with her friends.

"Do I know you?" She spoke to me. Her voice was as small as her. She must've only been five foot.

I stifled a laugh, "I'm new to town."

"Huh," She shrugged, "Sorry, you just look familiar. Where'd you move from?"

I blew out a puff of smoke slowly, "Penn State."

"That's where all those murderers just escaped from. Did you hear about that?" She asked casually, to which I smirked evilly.

"Something about it." I muttered.

"Yeah, it's a good thing we're on the other side of the country." She chuckled, then offered her hand to me, "Welcome to Seattle. I'm Gabriella."

I put out my cigarette in the ashtray on top of the outdoor trashcan. Then I turned to her and shook her hand, "Ghost." I whispered and alarm met her eyes the second I spoke. She tried to pull away from my hand, but I kept my grip tight. I yanked her closer and picked her up, throwing her over my shoulder. Of course she kicked and screamed, but I didn't give a shit. Apparently her friends in the shop didn't care either because they didn't even come out.

No one really cared. Welcome to the world we live in today. I threw her in the trunk of my car. Well okay, it's not my car, but one of the cars we stole at some point. Kick and scream all you want, Sweetheart. You aren't getting out of there. As I was about to get in the car, I saw a hooker stumbling up to the gas station. Ughh, she really deserves to die. I can't let go of the other one because she knows too much now, but I can't resist the urge to kill this one either.

A great idea came into my head. Just as she was walking over to me, too. I'm pretty sure she didn't even know what gender I was but she was going to try anyways.

"Hey... Hot stuff." She stumbled on her feet and her words, "Looking for a good time?"

"As a matter of fact, I am." I grinned, "Why don't you get in the backseat?"

"Paid up front, Sweetheart." She spoke through her smoker's voice.

"Of course. Please, do get in the car while I find my wallet. It's getting chilly out here."