Chapter 9 | Killpop

After my visit with Angelo, I was returned to my cell to have a pleasant surprise waiting for me; Ricky. He was back from his work. I involuntarily smiled when I saw him. What... was that? Why did I smile? I don't mean an evil "I can't wait to hear you scream" type of smile. No, I mean a typical teenage girl seeing her crush type of smile. Damn it, Devin. Get your head on straight and stop becoming so fucking normal. Normal is a dirty word to me.

"Don't get comfortable. Your block is going out to the courtyard in a few minutes." The guard told me once he had shoved me back in my cell.

I gave him a blank stare in return, then turned my attention to the raccoon I'll admit I kind of missed. He was reading one of my old books, one I had read myself a million times.

"I see you took one of my books." I said to him.

He jumped a bit when I had appeared so close to him. They don't call me the Ghost Murderer for no reason. Silence is my best attribute. I leaned on the edge of the beds and looked down at him sitting with his legs criss-crossed. He looked terrified to be caught.

"I'm so sorry, I just-"

"It's okay, Love." I interrupted his babbling. "I'm just messing with you. You're welcome to all my books. I've got plenty."

He forced a smile, "Thank you."

I sat down next to him as I asked, "You ready to go out to the courtyard?"

"I guess." Ricky muttered.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine. I promised Mike we'd have a little time together, so I asked Chris to watch you. He's the most trustworthy of all of the guys because he doesn't murder men. He'll protect you and show you the ropes."

"He seems nice." He murmured. "Why doesn't he hurt men?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I used to think it was because he wasn't sexually interested in them but I recently found out differently. That stays between us, okay?" I glared at him to silently threaten him into secrecy.

Ricky nodded in understanding. He was still utterly terrified of me, but I couldn't blame him. I scare myself from time to time. I heard the several guards coming down the corridor and stood up, him following me. They started at the far end, pulling people out in groups.

While I waited I adjusted my clothes. The color orange is far from flattering on me in the first place, but it barely fit my form well. I've lost a lot of weight being here and my body is back to the state it was in during my tranny hooker days. You'd think that's a downfall because it makes me less manly. It's actually a good thing to be sexually expendable here, because it leads me to become friends with people like Mike. I wouldn't want him on my bad side.

From being with Ange, I kept it respectful. Especially since I found out he's being having a love affair with one of my best friends. Now I was itching to switch back to revealing. It gets you far in this life. I undid the buttons of my shirt, tying the bottom ends in a knot. Ricky took notice of my bare chest and let his breath seize up for a moment.

I grinned like the Devil and stole a quick kiss from him. "It's a good thing you're cute. Normally I don't like people staring at me."

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Don't worry about it, Babe." I leaned closer and whispered to him, "Maybe this evening I'll let you see a little more."

His wide eyes gave me a rush. I chuckled, pulling back from him and leaving him with a thought I hope was pleasure for him. I couldn't tell if he liked me because he was forced to, or if it was naturally there. Maybe when Angelo digs up some files for me he could find a picture of Ricky's dead ex. I'd like to see what he looked like so I can understand the 'coon's type.

The guards finally got around to letting us out. You know, it's probably not a good idea that they put all the murders in one area. I guess it's because it's the max security wing but if there was ever a prison breakout, it wouldn't be good for them. I'm not complaining. I'd go crazy without being surrounded by my friends most the day.

I took a deep breath of fresh air once we got let into the courtyard. It's getting close to the first snow, which will be the end of our time outside. I'm savoring every moment. What happens here, the guards could care less about. They just don't want us to bother them.

Only a small moment passed before Mike was on my like flies on honey. He turned me around to face him and placed his hand on the center of my chest. That evil little smile he's infamous for spread across his mouth as he pushed me back towards one of the tables.

"I guess there's nothing left to do, but to have my way with you." He sang in tune of a Slipknot song.

I chuckled and felt myself his the side of a table. Quickly, I glanced over Mike's shoulder to make sure Ricky was okay. I don't know why I was worrying so damn much, but I just was. Ricky was fine. Chris was sitting with him, talking and pointing things out to him around the courtyard. He'll be alright, so I suppose Mike is right. There's only one thing left for us.

Mike was hungry for me. I couldn't blame him for being a horndog. He was in solitary confinement for a good while. I told him to sit down, then climbed in his lap. The wind pushed his black hair into my face as I started kissing his neck. He hummed a low moan as his hands explored my body. Eventually his fingers made their way to my hair, tangling around the locks. I started kissing his lips with my hands around the back of his neck.

There was so much passion in our actions, but the actual feeling of deep compassion was completely gone. I was numb to any kind of true affection. That, I blame on that bitch that landed me in here in the first place. Fucking women are worthless. Chris had good reason to exclusively chop them up. I never cared about Mike other than someone to pass the time with, but now the lack of love between us is more prominent than ever. It's actually bothering me a fuck ton and I have no idea why...

Something has changed in my mind, but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Then, as I saw his pale innocent face in the distance, it hit me like a ton of bricks... No.