Chapter 19 | Thin Disguise

There was no fear in us, if that's what you're thinking. We were only overly worried that it could be police. Though I'd like to think they'd be a little more aggressive than knocking on the door like they were the neighbors coming to ask to borrow some sugar.

"Anyone want to answer that?" Vinny joked, but we all knew the answer was no. None of us were looking to get shot or sent back to the big house.

"It could be anyone. We just don't know." Balz said.

Nikki sighed. "That's why we have cameras around the perimeter."

Chris glanced over at him. Speaking in a monotone voice, he responded, "You could have told us that earlier."

Nikki just shrugged. He told Jeremy to show us where to go. Apparently him and Ashley weren't too worried about it because they stayed put in the living room. The others stayed back as to not cause crowding. Chris, Ricky and I followed Jeremy into an office looking area. There was a small TV sitting on the desk, next to the computer's monitor.

He turned it on, flipping through the camera angles. I didn't see anyone else out in the woods. Once we got to the camera that looked down on the doorway, we saw one lone man. He was the human equivalent of a New York City subway rat. The fucker looked grease as fast food. Definitely not a fed.

"I have no idea who that is." Chris stated.

"Neither do it." I added.

"I do." Ricky muttered. "A little too well. Romeo Ganza; he's an enforcer for the mob. One of the fucks that I couldn't catch legally or illegally. Even though it was a tragedy to let him keep killing people, his trail of bodies was leading me straight to his boss, Vincent Mauro."

"Isn't that Vinny's full name?" I asked.

"It's also my dads." He interrupted us. We all turned around to see him standing in the doorway of the office. "Romeo is here for me, I just know it. I'm sorry he came here."

"How did he find us when the feds couldn't?" Chris questioned, sounding oddly suspicious of the kid.

"Because the mob gets to use means of force that are a little... out of protocol for feds. It's not as humane but they tend to get shit done faster." Ricky explained. "And, don't be sorry. I've wanted to put a bullet in this fucker's head for a long time. Speaking of, Jeremy please tell me you have guns for me."

"What do I look like to you? A carebear? of course we have guns." Jeremy responded.

He walked over to a painting in the office. Pulling down the painting revealed a safe in the wall. Jeremy did the combination quickly. He was obviously in the habit of it. Once he opened the safe, he pulled out a pelican case and handed it to Ricky.

"Thanks." Ricky replied. His eyes lit up beautifully when he looked down at that case like it was a child.

"We've got better guns but they're a lot more well hidden. That'll tie you over for now." He said.

Ricky set the case down on the table. He opened it up and his smile widened. This little devil was so damn naughty and I loved it. He picked up the matte pistol and admired every curve. "Clear out everyone from the main room." He spoke, loading the clip into the gun. "Then Vinny will go answer the door and I'll deal with the fucker."

"How do you know he's not going to shoot Vinny the second he answers the door?" Chris asked.

"He won't. It's not his M.O. I know what I'm doing. I might be blood thirsty but I'm not an idiot." He responded.

Well, he wasn't wrong. In fact I've come to terms with the fact that Ricky is very intelligent. I'm sure he wouldn't have become an FBI agent if he wasn't smart enough for a job like that. He's got a criminal mind on top of it, making for an incredibly badass man.

We followed him out of the office. Ricky told the others to clear out. He asked Mike and I to stand by incase he needed some backup. He and I are the most merciless killers of the bunch. We stayed around the corner from the kitchen/living room area. Vinny was a little wary of doing this. You can't blame him. He has already been bitten in the last twenty-four hours and now this.

I could feel Mike giving me weak angry looks out of the corner of my eye. I know he's upset with me but now is not the time and honestly I couldn't care all too much about his feelings. We're killers. We aren't supposed to have high school emotions. He's going to have to learn to get over it.

Shortly after Vinny opened the door, we head a thud. I glanced around the corner to see Romeo had him pinned against the wall by his neck. Ricky was right; He didn't shoot him. That's when Ricky decided to step in. I couldn't help but watch. He was really sexy when he took control.

Ricky fearlessly put the gun to the back of Romeo's head. "Let him go, Romeo." He hissed.

"Detective Olson." He chirped. "Long time, no see. How was prison?"

"Cut the games. Mauro is locked up for a long time and he's not calling the shots from jail. You've got nothing to gain by killing his son. He has no power anymore."

"That's where you're wrong. This little twerp might be Mauro's estranged son but it's his only son. It's his birthright to fall into power." Romeo said.

"It ain't a birthright, it's a curse." Vinny murmured.

"Shut it." He snapped. "What are you going to do, Olson? You shoot me at this range and the bullet goes straight through both of us."

"Killing off a crime lord's only heir? I don't see how that's a problem. Unfortunately a few of my friends might disagree. I'm not going to kill you, but I won't hesitate to tell Cassano what you did to Vita Vicario. I know it was you that killed Vita and his girlfriend in that Ritz hotel room. Cassano doesn't know that though, and he's got a nasty habit of making revenge slow and painful."

Romeo sighed and released Vinny from his grasp. "Fine. I let the kid go. Now can you take the gun off me?"

"Not yet. Turn around." He spoke, to which the other complied. "I could use some help from your crew."

"What you got in mind?" He asked.

"The feds are on the state borders like flies on shit. I need someone to find us a road out of the state that isn't guarded. I also want some cash. Have someone deliver twenty grand to us. We'll meet him at the diner off route 90 at 8PM. And just so you don't flake out on me, pick up your phone and make the call now."

Like I said, it was hot as Hell when he was aggressive. I wanted to grab him and fuck him over the counter right there. That'll wait until later tonight. Romeo made the call and repeated everything that Ricky had told him to say. Once he hung up, Ricky pulled the trigger. The bullet went straight through the fuck's head. His blood splattered along the wall behind him and his body fell limp on the floor.

"Did you have to kill him?" Vinny asked.

"Well, I didn't have to, but I wanted to." Ricky responded matter-of-factly.

I walked into the room and came up behind Ricky. As I wrapped my arms around him, I murmured in his ear, "Watching you kill turns me on."

He laughed at me, but it was such a sexy laugh. I can't wait until we are alone again. I'm addicted to this little raccoon.