Chapter 37 | The Hospital

Ricky and I didn't speak for the duration of the car ride to the hospital. I felt him look at me, and I'd steal glances of him. That was it though. The others carried on with their normal conversations. You know, if you can consider discussing murder a normal conversation. It was for us at least.

"Devin?" Chris called my name but it just didn't register. "Devin?!"

"Hm?" I snapped out of it, like I just woke up or something.

"I said we're here. We have to wait for a few minutes for the lights to go out." He said.

I nodded, feeling no need for a response. Killing is an escape for me. It is for those that I kill too. Whomever thinks I'm a monster is blind to their own reflection. I'm only helping people by taking them out of this miserable reality. If Ricky's going to be pissed at me, that's fine. I'll take my anger out on someone else. A lot of someone elses.

The building lights must've gone out, because the others started to hop out of the back of the van. Chris waited on me though. He needs the companionship just as much as I do right now. There was just something in me that didn't have any drive, even for murder. I've never not been in the mood to kill someone. I heard Chris sigh but I really didn't care if he was getting impatient. I didn't feel like going inside.

Does Ricky really have this much power over me? That, in his absence, I have no desire to do the one thing I can do best? Is that possible? I don't want to think so but it seems like it is. Fuck, I can't let this opportunity fly by. Get it together. Get. It. Together. I just... Had no passion for my craft.

In a moment, my numbness was shattered like a window when I felt a sharp shot to my jaw. I was bent over by the hit and began to taste the blood in my mouth. I didn't know who hit me but I turned around in a split second to grab them. My hands wrapped around the first neck they could find and halfway through slamming the culprit into the side of van, I realized it was Chris. He was the only one around here. He punched me? What the fuck?

I let him go but my stare didn't. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I spat, my own blood hitting his face.

"It snapped you out of it, didn't it?!" He seethed.

I wiped my mouth savagely with my hand, "I don't care if I needed that because I did, I'm still going to get you back for it, Cerulli."

"I can accept that." Chris replied, following me out the back of the van.

"Let's go before there's nothing left for us to kill." I spoke, then pulled the mask over my head.

I'm sure my blood got on it, just as it had on my jumpsuit. What will it matter when twenty other peoples' blood is soaking the fabric? I grabbed the butcher knife off the bench in the back on the van, and began to approach the small hospital. The fog began to roll in on this warm summer night. It was beautiful.

We walked inside to see someone had already taken care of the receptionist. Hopefully they left the nurse's station alone for Chris. He had already disappeared, off to kill the first woman he could find I'm sure. I heard some kind of whimpering from down the hall. A patient was struggling down the hall with a limp leg. She got away from someone. I just don't know who.

Well, Ricky is already mad at me so what would it matter if I took a kill of his? The others won't care if it's theirs. When I began to walk towards her, she began to cry more and attempt to hobble away. Nice try. I dived the knife through her stomach and she fell onto the tile. Her blood pooled out to the floor. I walked through it, tracking it through the halls with each step. I had a feeling, for some reason or another, that Ricky was the one who killed her. I can sense that he's close to me.

As I turned the corner, there was a split. Down one direction was a trail of blood, and the other beheaded corpses. I looked at the signs and saw the beheaded direction lead to the lab. That must be where Ryan-Ashley and Ryan are. The other direction lead to the ER clinic. Trail of blood, it is.

When I got to the entrance, I leaned against the doorway and caught a guy trying to run. Another one? Whomever it is cleaning house isn't doing a very good job. I sliced the throat of the man, feeling his warm blood run over my hand. As I dropped the body, I looked up and saw Ricky staring right back at me. The few victims left around him were cowering in the corner.

Just the sight of me pissed him off. He turned around and hacked at the leg of one of the living with his machete. He really wasn't happy with me. For what? Because I decided to not tell him yet that I killed my siblings? Sorry I wanted to wait a little longer in our relationship to tell you my biggest secret!

I looked around the room under I found the security cameras. I pulled up a chair and disabled all of them, smashing them against the ground. Then I locked the door I came in through.

"Why don't you find somewhere else to slaughter?" Ricky sneered at me.

"I'm sorry. I just... I don't understand why you're upset I didn't tell you. I was going to eventually." I replied.

Both our voices were muffled by the masks we wore. He could still easily hear me, as I could him. It would help if there weren't fucking assholes whining about their missing limbs. One of them was annoying him too much, so he sliced the man's jugular before turning back to me.

"I'm not mad you didn't tell me. I'm pissed that Chris knew and I didn't." He replied.

As he had been talking, a black haired asian woman was starting to escape out the other door. I said nothing and just pointed her out. Ricky turned around and ran after her. She screamed but what use was it? Now she was missing an arm and would bleed out in the next minute. The floor was just pooled with blood now. Not an inch wasn't covered. I cautiously walked through it and locked the other door so no one escaped.

Ricky came up behind me and pushed me against the door. Both our faces were mostly covered. The only thing we could see was each other's eyes. His had to be so gorgeous didn't they?

"I've known Chris longer than you. Angelo was my cellmate when I first was taken to Graham. The three of us, we were really close. We still are. I know things about him that the others don't." I explained.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" He scoffed, "I mean, for fuck's sake, I don't get down on my knees every night and suck your cock for no reason. I do it because I love you, and I want to be close to you. I want to be the one that knows all your secrets. Me. Not him, not anyone else."

"Of course I was going to tell you. It's just a really hard thing for me to have to talk about. When I told Chris and Ange, it was because I was on a different psyche drug at the time and I couldn't help half the shit that was coming out of my mouth. I wanted to tell you when the moment was right."

He stared for a long minute before sighing, "I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. I should have trusted you more an-"

"Shush." I whispered.

I pulled up his mask enough to see his perfect lips. Then I slipped mine up and kissed him. He even let out a sweet moan. I put our masks back in place. While I did, I felt him running his hands up and down my chest.

"I want to fuck you really badly right now." He mused.

I laughed, "Well, why don't we clear this room first, then we'll get to that."