Chapter 45 | Hot Rod

When we got back home, Ricky and I walked through the garage. I found it strange when I saw the truck had been moved out front. Then I understood when I saw an almost brand new Chevy Camaro sitting in the garage. It was painted a silk black with a slut red stripe down the side. Angelo was working under the hood of it. As amazing of a car as it was, I had no clue where it came from.

"Ange?" I asked suspiciously. He looked up at me from under the hood, and I pointed towards the vehicle, "Where did this come from?"

"It's the car Mike drove here. He high jacked it from some rich kid in Aspin." He responded.

Well that makes sense, but why did Mike go to Aspin? That was a little out of the way. Whatever. He does weird ass shit. He had to have been somewhere these past few months, I guess. It was an absolutely gorgeous sports car. I bet this baby could really get some speed.

I wrapped my arm around Ricky and kissed his lips briefly, "Babe, can I talk with Angelo for a minute?"

"Yeah. Make it short though. Ryan should take a look at you after your little stunt." He gave me the eyes of a parent scolding their child.

I rolled my eyes internally, but did nothing externally. Ricky broke away from me and walked inside the house. Once the door shut, Angelo came out from under the hood of the Camaro. He shut the top, then grabbed a rag to wipe off his hands. Ange leaned against the hood. I've never realized it before, but he had a hot little body. Maybe it's just because he's on a beautiful car and I'm horny.

"Sooo," I rolled my words, walking closer to him. I got right in front of him, to where our hips were almost touching.

He put both his hands back on the hood of the car. Angelo began with his eyes on my chest, then trailed them up to my eyes, "So?"

"So, Ricky and I were talking. We want to do something a little different in the bedroom, and I know you and Chris are swingers..." I trailed off, hoping he'd pick up what I was putting down.

"Yeah, for the right people." He chirped.

I fought a smirk, "Well, would Ricky and I be the right people?"

"I'd have to talk to Chris, but I'm sure you would be." Ange snickered, "So, what, you want both of us or just one?"

"Whichever you're up to, but I was going for both. I'm not trying to steal your man or anything, but I have thought about what it would be like to fuck him. Sorry." I laughed.

"Don't apologize." Angelo set his hand on my chest, pressing lightly to get me to move back. He started to walk to the work bench. As he did, he looked at me with the most cunning expression, "Just as long as you understand he is mine. But, I know I have a sexy as fuck man. In fact, he's waiting in my bed right now."

I crossed my arms with a smile, "Going for round two?"

He laughed and stepped up to the door, setting his hand on the handle, "We had to recharge. You should listen to Ricky and get yourself looked at. You look like you were hit by a train."

"Semi, actually." I muttered.

Angelo turned his head back to me. He raised his eyebrow and I just shrugged. I followed behind him as we both headed into the house. Ange went towards the bedroom, whereas I went through the kitchen to get to the cellar. That's where I assume Ryan is. Like earlier, I heard voices and stopped myself to eavesdrop. Reese wasn't down there though. Ryan was talking with Ricky, Mike, and Rayne.

"I'm serious, Ryan." Mike said, "There's something fucked up going on right now. The security in Denver was higher than it should be. Normally it wouldn't freak me out but that is where NORAD is."

"Then when we drove through Nevada, there was no one. Not a single fucking person for miles. When we did see people, they were in fucking containment suits." Rayne added.

"In your time at the FBI, did you ever hear about program 051?" Ryan asked Ricky.

"Yes and no." He replied, "If a person even uttered the term, someone would drop a dime on them. The only thing I knew about it was, you had to act like it didn't exist if you wanted to keep your life. Right before I was busted, I interrogated this suspect for a murder. He was going off about how he knew what actually happened in area 51; How, it wasn't aliens, it was zombies."

"When I was working for the Government, it was the same way. Only the highest of security, I mean the fuckers that weren't even in the system, like Men In Black level shit, were the ones working on it. I found a file on it that someone had put away in the wrong cabinet. They were working with chemicals that I had never heard of, and testing different mixtures on animals. They were trying to develop a weaponized virus." Ryan explained.

"That's nothing new. They've been trying to do that since World War I." Mike commented.

"After what we saw out there though, all that shit was suspicious. I mean we didn't see any zombies but what else would they be containing out in the desert?" Rayne questioned.

Ryan spoke as he turned around to look at me sitting at the top of the stairs, "You know you could come join our conversation."

"Sorry." I muttered, standing up and rushing down the stairs.

"You look like shit." He grimaced.

"A semi blew up in my face. Literally." I scoffed.

Ryan pat a space on the stable, "Sit down and I'll clean you up. How much did you hear?"

"Oh, just the whole worry about he fucking zombie apocalypse." I sneered. Then I sighed, "Do you really think the Government is stupid enough to think that's a good idea?"

"We are talking about the same Government that hasn't been able to find a huge group of murderers chilling up the in the woods in northern Washington. I don't think they're the smartest of people." Mike joked.

"They almost found us tonight, thanks to mister hitchhiker here." Ricky jabbed a thumb my direction.

I frowned, "I'm sorry. I did almost die tonight!"

He sighed, "I know. I'm sorry, Babe. But you have to be more careful."

"You're right. I'm sorry too. I just get so stir crazy staying in one place like this." I admitted.

Ricky leaned in close to me, "I'll make it up to you tomorrow night, okay?" He spoke with his hand on my leg. I smiled softly as I felt his breath dust my skin. "Okay?"

"Okay." I agreed.

He got out of Ryan's way as he came back over with a few supplies. What is it about Ricky that he can melt my ice cold heart? Ryan was a prick and didn't give me any pain killers, so Ricky held my hand while I was getting alcohol poured into open wounds. I know it had to kill infection but damn. Stitches were put in on one back cut. Everything else got bandages over it.

Honestly, that whole conversation they were having was pretty far fetched. Although back in the day the idea of the atomic bomb probably sounded crazy to people. Or even smart phones or planes sounded like fiction at some point in history. I just still think the concept of zombies is about as real as a purple unicorn. I'm sure Mike and Rayne are just being paranoid as shit about it.