Chapter 29 | Quiet Riot Bar

It's actually kind of amazing how you can walk into a town and barely anyone gives you another glance. People just don't watch the news or read the paper like they used to. I'm not complaining. If they were staring, it was more because our group consisted of a 6'5" goth, a raccoon, a tranny, and a girl that barely looked like she belonged. People at this point must think she's Chris' abused girlfriend.

We parked by a motel, then walked into town to find some food. Ricky and I had run out the food we took from the diner we burned down. It was about midday, yet there wasn't any small diners like that open here. It was a hick town. Looks like we're stuck with a bar that probably wouldn't pass a health inspection.

Ricky kept his arm on my lower back as we walked. It felt nice, to be treated so loved and wanted. On the other hand, Chris was dragging Julia along. He kept his fingers wrapped around her arm tightly. People gave him dirty looks, but because we were still somewhat in the south they kept to themselves. Gotta love southern values.

A waitress found us a table. Chris threw Julia into the corner of the booth. He was getting angrier. I'd like him kill her right there if I weren't so hungry. I need food first though. Then we can dispose of the dead weight.

I leaned forward on the table and turned my head towards Ricky. He giggled while I leaned in and kissed him.

"I'm going to go to the restroom." I told him.

"Okay," Ricky stepped out of the booth to let me out. "Don't be long. I hate being without you."

"I won't." I smiled. "Chris, you want to come with me so you can find a phone?"

"Don't worry, I'll watch the girl." Ricky reassured.

He sighed and stood from the table. I began walking towards the back where I saw a neon sign for a bathroom. Chris followed close behind. He stopped at the bar top to ask where their house phone was, and was directed where I was heading anyways. He stopped in the doorway to the bathrooms, where a phone was mounted on the wall.

I fished out some change from my pocket and offered it to him, saying, "Don't talk long and no details about where we are. I don't want to take any chances that they're tapping his phone."

"Fuckers better not be." He muttered.

"They shouldn't either. They don't have a warrant for it as far as I know, but they'd find a reason. Cops always find a reason to justify their bullshit." I scoffed.

He turned towards the phone on the wall as I walked into the bathroom. I earned some looks from cowboys because they weren't sure what a lady was doing in the mens bathroom. If only they knew! The only unfortunate part is they assume I'm a whore in here to meet a man. Whatever. I'm only a whore for one man these days. I found the second to last stall to be open and took it, though I would have preferred if I could get the end. Oh well.

Being without the guys actually did make me uneasy. I hurried myself up in taking care of business. As I washed my hands at the sink afterwards, I took a quick moment to wash my face. I've had the same makeup caked on for a while now. It felt good to clean some part of my body. I didn't get a chance at the motel to take a shower, even though I need one badly.

I dried my hands, throwing the towel in the trash. I was then that something caught my eye. I glanced towards the red I was seeing in my peripheral vision. There was some kind of crimson substance running along the tile, and the like started from that last stall. Voices were arguing at a hushed tone from inside it. I took a look around and saw I was the only one in there, other than whomever was in that other stall. It's not that I cared about someone being hurt or anything, I was just curious.