Chapter 21 | Beautiful Monster

Mike wanted to get away from me. He forced Chris to get a move on, and they left as the sun was setting. Ricky and I decided to be the next ones to head out. We packed up all our things so we could meet one of Romeo's men at the diner. I was overly glad Ricky did what he had because twenty thousand will get us much further than five.

Him and I said our goodbyes but tried our best not to get sappy. We headed out to the garage and just planned on taking whichever car was easiest to get out. Luck us, it was a gorgeous old black car. It had a classic style to it. Ricky had the directions, so I let him drive.

It was so surreal to be sitting in a nice, running car and watch the road pass by. I had the window down, even though I should be careful about letting people see me. We were in the middle of nowhere right now so it didn't matter. I just wanted to feel the wind rushing through my hair. Looking over to the drivers seat, I couldn't help but smile to see this amazingly beautiful man.

Once we parked outside the diner, he cracked his window. Then he reached over to the glovebox in front of me and opened it. Inside was a pistol sitting next to a few packs of cigarettes. He grabbed a smoke from one of the packs. Ricky stuck it in his mouth so he could close the glovebox and find his lighter.

He silently looked me up and down. It was almost like he was studying me. I don't think Ricky has totally adjusted to me looking this way. When I was in prison with him, I tried my best to look like a lady, but it was difficult when I couldn't have access to a lot of beauty products or clothing options. Perhaps he prefers me a little more manly. That's just too bad because when I'm with a man, I prefer to be the chick in the relationship.

It's not like it's bad right now. I mean I will confidently wear I dress if I wanted to, but I'm keeping the girly stuff casual. Being at my lowest weight isn't really helping me from looking like a chick. I think Ricky's fine with it. If he's looking because he's checking me out, I don't look that hot right now. I was wearing tight jeans (with rips of course) and a long fitting crop top. It was a little cold out because it was only spring, so I threw a flannel shirt over the top, leaving it unbuttoned. It wasn't sexy compared to what I was wearing last night, yet he was still giving me sly looks.

"What?" I asked, referring to his skeptical behavior.

Ricky chuckled briefly while he lit his cigarette. "It's just hard to believe."

I looked at him funny. "What's hard to believe?"

"You. That you... that this," Ricky gestured his hand down my body. "was ever a cold blooded killer."

"Is a cold blooded killer." I corrected him. I leaned forward, resting against the side of his chair, and set me hand on his leg, which gave him the sexiest smile. "Why is it so hard to believe? You've seen me kill before."

Ricky took a drag off his cigarette. He was polite enough to turn away from me when he blew out the smoke. "I know. It's impressive. It's just..." He sighed, "All the cases I worked on, all the criminals I killed, they were never attractive people. At most, I had someone that was a six or a seven. And, it's because hot people don't need to murder. They get what they want anyways. But you, you're a solid ten, and you've killed more than any other criminal I've ever caught."

"I have killed to get my way before, but it's not the main reason I enjoy murder." I replied.

"Then what is?" He asked.

"I'll tell you one of these days. Speaking of murder though, you know on the highway yesterday, TJ and Balz were the ones that got to kill the guards. Then you got to kill that mob guy..."

He fought back his smirk as he spoke, "What are you getting at?"

"I haven't got to kill anyone yet and it's not fair." I whined. "There's only like five people in the diner. Can I please go murder them?"

Ricky took another puff off his cigarette, this time blowing the smoke in my face to get a reaction. I looked up at him from where I was hanging off the edge of his seat and I batted my eye lashes. He snickered as he leaned down and kissed me.

"Sure, Babe. I'll pop the plates on this car and switch them out with another while you're in there. Just don't shoot the guy bringing us money. The last thing I need is the mob pissed at us."

"Because harboring their boss' son that they want to kill and murdering one of their enforcers won't piss them off." I teased him.

"Vinny is Ryan's problem now. They won't shake us down for it either because they'll figure we aren't their enemy if Romeo was helping us. I told Ryan how to stage the body so it'll look like Vita's brother killed him and I let Cassano know what Romeo did to Vita. They won't ever expect us."

I grinned as I ran my hand down his chest. "You know it turns me on when you're a criminal mastermind."

Ricky laughed at my comment. He threw the butt of his cigarette out the window. Then he turned to me and kissed me again. It lasted a lot longer this time. When I'm on his lips, there's no where else I would rather be. I started to play with his hair while he rested his arm down my side. It wasn't all hot and steamy, it was just something to pass the time. That doesn't mean it didn't give me tingles along my whole body. There were butterflies and bolts all throughout my organs.

Someone cleared their throat outside the car. Ricky and I jumped apart. He wiped his mouth of my lip gloss while I settled back into my seat. There was another slime ball looking guy, pretty much the younger version of Romeo, standing outside the car window.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you and you're, um, girlfriend, but I got a few jobs to get done tonight." He said.

"Boyfriend." Ricky corrected him. "And it's understandable. As long as you have what I need."

He handed a small bag to him. "It's all there."

"That's very reassuring but you're not going anywhere until I count it all." He insisted.

"Do I have to wait until he's gone to go inside?" I asked.

"Yes, but I promise this will only take a minute."

I groaned out of annoyance and Ricky laughed under his breath. He's such a weirdo sometimes. I don't want you to think I asked for his permission to kill because he's my boyfriend. I'm not about that submissive life. I asked because he is my companion and as long as we're physically together, anything we do impacts the other. My trail of bodies is his trail of bodies. It was a little weird that he didn't want to come kill with me. Well, more so disappointing.

At least I finally get to feed my hunger. I can't wait to finally kill again. I'll be like a kid in a candy store. Candy store is a bad way to put it because I don't eat them. More like, a kid at an amusement park. There's so many different options...