Sixty-Six

He stood motionless with the others around Misook's bed. Tears rolled off his face quietly. He scarcely dared to breathe. She looked so peaceful. He was holding her cool limp hand numbly. She had survived. That was good. But she was in surgery so long because they were trying to save her back. Her spinal cord had been completely severed. She probably wouldn't be able to walk. Ever. He grit his teeth and tried not to look at he face. She was so beautiful. She had sacrificed so much for him. Now he had to leave her. He took a deep breath and let go of her hand. He grabbed a notepad and a pen, and began to write.

When he finished saying goodbye on paper he turned at looked at her.

"Can I have a moment?" He murmured.

"Let me say goodbye." Nari whispered. She grabbed Misook's other hand.

"You're my best friend. Always will be. And I'm sorry about everything okay? I'm sorry I have to leave you. I love you." Nari kissed Misook's cheek and grabbed Suga's arm. Suga walked out of the room with her quietly and the rest followed. J-Hope stayed behind.

"Yeah?" He mumbled.

"You'll be okay. She's alive, and she's safe. She'll be happy. That's all you need. We're gonna leave this behind us. Maybe one day you'll be able to come back too." J-Hope patted his shoulder and gave him a small smile before leaving. He nodded long after J-Hope had left. Yeah, just maybe.

He grabbed her hand and squeezed it softly.

"I love you. I'm sorry for putting you through all this. I'm sorry I'm leaving too. But you must understand. It really is better this way. I love you okay? And I'm sorry I touched your boob on our first date. And I'm sorry for all the stupid things I ever said. And I'm sorry for not telling you that you're perfect every time I saw your face." He took a deep breath, "I love you Misook. And I will come back someday. When it's all over." He promised. He closed his eyes and kissed her soft lips. Then he let her hand go, and walked away.

He waited next to the others at the train station. He looked at his hand, remembering what it felt like to hold her cool, thin fingers. Jungkook nudged him and stood. They all boarded the train and sat down together. Nari leaned on Suga, and Suga just stared ahead blankly. Rapmon sat on the other side of him with his head in his hands. Jungkook and J-Hope were leaning against each other. Without Misook he felt out of place and lonely. Even if things hadn't been going well lately, he still loved her.

He still loved her...

---------------------------

(A/N)

this is da last chap. woot woot.