Chapter 6

A/N:

ANGST HERE I COME

xx

Dil skipped along the pathway on his way to school. He started to realise that Ryan had been a little distant with him lately. Probably because he had schoolwork or something.

When he made it to school, he went to his first class. Late as usual, Dil strolled into Art class, hiding behind his longish fringe.

"Dil! Since you're here so early you can help me carry some equipment at break!" The teacher said joyfully.

Dan whined but gave up, knowing it was no use so he sat down getting to work.

The next lesson was Maths, as usual he was daydreaming. This time about ideas for his story.

He wanted to include another character. Someone cold, maybe a meaner exterior and a lot of mystery.

He noted it down for later, planning out the chapter in his head. Eventually the lesson ended and he went back to art class to carry some of the teacher's equipment back to their office. On the way, he saw Ryan, who he didn't even know was in school since he stood Dil up this morning. That was the only reason Dil was late today, he was just waiting to walk with Ryan.

"Where were you?" Dil said, slightly hurt.

Ryan glanced at Dil then quickly glanced towards the floor. "Nowhere." He mumbled, walking on.

Dil quickly put the stuff away and ran after him. Once he caught up to him, he put his hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"Stop being a baby about all this and tell me what's wrong you idiot." Dil said, starting to get annoyed.

Ryan sighed deeply, looking into Dil's eyes, as if searching for something as Dil uncomfortably shuffled.

"My um...My cousin's pet died. We were really close." Ryan blurted out.

Dil's eyes too started to water up. "AWE NOOO! My poor baby!" Dil said in a frenzy, hugging Ryan tightly and swinging to the side a little in their hug. "Losing pets are always hard. Cry on my shoulder smol bean."

Ryan pushed Dil away forcefully, making him stumble back a bit. "I'm more of a...alone grieving person."

Dil nodded sympathetically, walking off into another direction.

~ A few days ago ~

Ryan was on his way to pick give a cup of tea that Dil would probably need by the time he had finished. Kei was going to make him sort nail polishes out of stacked boxes, being crueler than his usual self.

Dil made his way to the back room, hearing Dil's voice. With Kei. Ryan stood in his tracks, listening closely.

Dil was being his usual dramatic self, saying how his parents didn't raise him to be a quitter or something. Ryan laughed quietly to himself.

"Like?" Kei replied in confusion.

"I know you hate me right now, probably because you-" 

Silence. Ryan pressed his ear against the door, heart pounding over what could be happening. Was there something between them two? They were talking awfully quietly now. Ryan heard footsteps approach the door so he quickly moved away, pretending to be doing something else as Kei was walking out in a fast motion.

Ryan bit his lip, soon tasting salty tears.

~~

Dil was still looking for Ryan at lunch time to see if he needed more cheering up but to his avail, Ryan was nowhere to be found, so Dil left it.