Chapter 33

"Phil you do realize that you're gonna have to open your mouth sooner or later." Dan said sternly, holding the thermometer inbetween two of his fingers.

"That's what he said." Phil said quickly but Dan was quicker, popping the thermometer into Phil's mouth making Phil pout.

(A/N: Dan putting his thermometer in Phil....is that enough smut for you or...?)

"Look I know how much you hate being ill but I won't know how serious it is unless I get your temperature. Okay kitten? Your forehead is heating up and i'm worried about you." Dan said softly.

Phil looked up at Dan through half lidded eyes. "It might just be a small side effect of being bipolar you know. I used to get really high temperatured as a kid."

Dam huffed. "Well i'm here so I will help you and make you all better!"

Phil rolled his eyes and jumped slightly when the thermometer in his mouth beeped loudly.

Dan took it out of his mouth (A/N: thats what she said) and inspected the readings only to find out that the temperature was quite high.

"It's bad, isn't it? Dan i'm sorry, I-I hate bring sick because it a-always troubles you...I hardly take care of you because i'm always depressed or ill..." Phil said sadly.

Dan lifted Phil's head up by his chin, pecking his lips. "I don't care. You're my husband so i'm supposed to take care of you, I love you too much so I never want you to suffer. For better or for worse remember?"

"We didn't say those vows remember? And don't kiss me you're gonna get sick!" Phil yelped, wiping Dan's lips hurriedly with his sleeve.

Dan stopped Phil and shrugged. "Well, we're still meant to think of it like that. What kind of husband am I not to?"

Phil giggled, rolling his eyes slightly. "Yeah yeah...hey husband, did you pay the heating bill? It's really cold in here..."

"...SHIT." Dan exclaimed, getting up. "Be right back!"

When Dan returned he sighed tiredly. "I called them and payed, but they said it would start working tomorrow because I gave the money late. I'm so sorry kitten, you're gonna be shivefing and cold!" Dan whined, hugging Phil.

Phil hugged back. "It's fine don't worry!" He insisted. "I'll be perfectly fine with a few blankets."

Dan nodded and smiled fondly at Phil for a few minutes.

Phil blushed, coughing slightly. "W-What's up? I-Is there something on my face?"

"Yes, a nose, mouth and two eyes!" Dan said joyfully.

"You sarcastic little fuck." Phil spat, rolling his eyes but a small smile lay on his lips.

"I'm staring at you because i'm thinking about you."

"About what?"

"You're so brave, Phil."

Phil's eyebrows furrowed. "How?"

"Okay so think about it. We have somehow made it through the alpocolypse also known as our lives overcoming the deadly fights and personal problems. I know it's hard to believe, but you helped me too."

Phil smiles shyly, his cheeks turning a rosy colour. "H-How?"

"You know when we met and I moved to your school? Well, did I tell you it was because I got bullied for a small while. It wasn't too extreme luckily, I mean I mainly left because that school was shit but escaping the bullying was bonus. Those people inplanted into my head the dillusion of never finding a person to love. You changed that. You rubbed it out with your lion rubber and wrote something new."

Phil grinned widely. He always loved when Dan would use these crazy metaphors to explain things. "What did I write?"

"You wrote that you loved me. But you wrote something else before that." Dan grinned.

Phil giggled happily. "What did I write before that?"

" 'Your smile is not creepy' ".

Phil cringed, hiding his face in Dan's shoulder. "That's so stupid why did I ever say that?!" He said quietly.

Dan shrugged. "It was cute don't worry!"

Phil looked up and smiled brightly, about to say something but quickly sneezed.

Dan grabbed a tissue for Phil, handing it to him. "Now, i'll go make us breakfast while you stay in bed. Deal?"

Phil nodded. "Yeah."

~

Phil was drifting off to sleep, soon awoken by the smell of toast probably burning. He got up from the bed, wrapping his duvet around his shoulders like a cape and carring his phone as well as a small packet of tissues in his hand.

He slowly made his way to the kitchen, laying his head tiredly on the table in the direction of which he was facing Dan's back who was currently frying some eggs.

Dan turned around to grab something and jumped to see Phil. "FUCKING JESUS CHRIST!" He exclaimed, letting out a small laugh. "How are you so quiet sometimes, you scared me!"

Phil grinned, getting up and shrugging. "I'm hungry."

"I told you to stay in bed." Dan said in a motherly tone.

"But food." Phil groaned, sitting down on one of the seats near the kitchen table.

"I understand how you feel about food on a mutual level but you're ill." Dan chuckled, placing all the food onto a plate.

"But food!" Phil argued, shooting Dan a sad look.

Dan huffed, handing Phil his plate of food. "Happy?"

Phil grinned. "I'm always happy whenever there's food. Thank you husband."

Dan smiles, rolling his eyes. "You're welcome, you little shit."

xx