Chapter 7

The following day, Ryan awoke with a pounding headache. He knew all those drinks weren't going to do him any good. He realised he should stop sulking.

What's the point in loving someone if they never will love you back? Especially if you're hurting them? If you love them, you want them to feel happy, but that can only happen if you let them go.

Now he was going to be following those words. At school, Ryan was his usual cheery self with Dil, Lissa and Megan.

And at work, he came into work completing double the amount of customers than yesterday. He knew if he pretended to be okay and have confidence eventually it would find its way to actually happen.

The customers had all left and they were about to leave too.

But then he saw Dil again. And his heart sped up, eyes watered and felt his stomach drop. Because he knew he would never be his. And the way he looked at Kei, anyone would be able to tell what that look was.

Somehow all of his thoughts from this morning suddenly left him. He rushed towards Dil, stopping Kei and him in mid-conversation.

Kei glanced at Ryan but shot a sweet smile for once. "What's up?"

"Are you okay?" Dil asked, also smiling sweetly.

Ryan felt numbness in his emotions, stepping closer to Dil and cupping his cheeks. In a swift motion, Ryan quickly pressed their lips together. It was harsh, Dil didn't respond. It didn't feel right for Ryan either.

Dil felt numb. So did Kei. They felt somehow betrayed.

Reality finally caught back up when Dil roughly pushed Ryan away. His arms were shaky and eyes watery. He glanced at Kei who stood in complete shock.

Dil felt heat rush to his cheeks. He felt so embarrassed. Dil ran out, crying as doing so.

Kei glared at Ryan. "What was that?"

"I-I..." Ryan stuttered, eyes wide.

"Leave." Kei said in an angry whisper. "Now."

Ryan stumbled out and Kei grabbed his stuff, locking up the shop and going off to look for Dil.

First he tried to call him. After a few rings, Dil surprisingly picked up. On the other line he could be heard sniffing, clearing his throat. "Y-Y-Yes?"

"Where are you?" Kei said as softly as he could.

"H-Home."

Kei rushed towards Dil's house, at least he hoped that was the direction. His sense of direction was so bad but after a few wrong twists and turns he started to remember the houses. He stopped at the one he was sure was Dil's, knocking on it.

Dil opened it, rubbing his eyes with his sleeve. Kei didn't really know what to do, clearly what Ryan had done really hurt Dil. Did he want a hug? To talk to someone? Eat chocolate and ice cream?

Dil awkwardly stood there for a few seconds, millions of thoughts rushing through his mind. They all vanished instantly when Dil shuffled forward and timidly wrapped his arms around Kei's stomach, resting his face against his chest. Since Kei was really tall and Dil was surprisingly short, Dil only reached Kei's shoulder or below it.

Kei stumbled back a bit in surprise but quickly stopping steady and hugging Dil back, squeezing tightly. He rested his chin on top of Dil's head, moving him soothingly swinging side to side in the long hug.