Chapter 17

Dan's POV

I had convinced Anna to go home and sleep since she looked like she needed it and everything must be stressful for her.

I, on the other hand was the same, but nobody could pull me away from my kitten, so I stayed by his side all night.

When midnight came, Phil opened an eye lazily and looked around. Although I should have been sleeping, I couldn't because of the stupid uncomfortable hospital chairs that bent my back due to my lanky structure making my posture worse.

Phil looked at me, tears escaping his eyes as he covered his mouth.The room was dimly lit by the open curtains where the shining moon peaked through so his skin and eyes and hair looked especially beautiful.

"P-P-Phil?" I whimper out, grabbing his hand and kissing it. "Phil Phil t-thank G-God you're alive P-Phil I love y-you so so m-much i-if you e-ever do this again I-I know i'll end up d-doing the same P-Phil." I ended up being a blubbering mess, barely able to even finish my sentence.

Phil bit his lip, placing his cold hands on my face and lightly stroking my cheeks with his fingertips.

"Y-Y-You a-are n-not m-mad a-a-anymore?" Phil said, trying hard not to stutter but failing.

"I-I was never mad p-please b-believe me Phil I-I was being stupid a-and moody P-Phil I-I could never actually b-be mad at you!" I sobbed, my face in my hands.

I felt a gentle hand stroke my hair and raise my face up from my hands.

"I-I-I love....I-I l-lo-love...l-love...I-I l-love y-y...I-I love y-y...I-I-"

I smiled sadly, stroking Phil's cheek. "I-I understand kitten."

We sat in a nice long silence, listening to the sound of our breaths and the ticking of the clock.

"I-I-I....I-I do not w-want to talk to p-people anymore D-D-Dan." Phil stuttered out tiredly.

"N-Not even me?"

"I-It's h-hard to talk r-right now, e-especially to y-you."

"Why?"

"B-Because I w-want to say e-every word r-right and c-clearly b-because I love you."

"You said that clearly." I smile softly. "And don't worry, that's fine, you can speak when you're ready, okay?"

Phil nodded and smiled sadly. "T-T-Thank...T-Thank y-you D-D-Dan."

I kiss Phil's lips softly. "D-Do you forgive me? C-Can I still be your boyfriend?"

"Y-Yes p-please, I can't l-live without y-you." Phil said desperatly making me nod and gently kiss his chapped lips again.

I let out a small sigh. "After so long, I still get the same feeling I got the first time we kissed, kitten."

Phil smiled widely. "M-M-Me too."

I chuckle happily before biting my lip. "Phil, do you remember what we talk about when you woke up earlier? You were a bit drousy so I don't know.."

Phil shrugged. "N-No, sorry, what happened?"

"You called me cute, I called you cute, you booped my nose." I smile at the memory.

Phil's eyes widen. "I -I THOUGHT T-THAT WAS A D-DREAM!' He exclaims in a hushed whisper.

I shake my head, unable to stop giggling. "No my kitten, it was real! You were then and now being extremly cute."

Phil smiled proudly. "You're face is cute."

I feel myself blush lighty. "Shut up and go to sleep." I joke, kissing his lips softly again and laying down next to him on the firm hospital bed.

"I'm r-right here with y-you so I think t-that will b-be very very e-easy."