Chapter 14

Once the reception had finished, they all went to the hall, as Dil sat only waiting for food to be served.

Kei reached over to Dil, nudging him. "That lady has been looking at me for the past 10 minutes."

Dil looked up and glanced at a middle-aged woman standing across the room. She appeared to be one of the server workers of some sort. Dil shrugged at Kei. "Want me to say something?"

Kei shrugged back. "I don't mind."

Dil got up, trudging over to the lady trying not to trip as Kei followed close behind.

Back at the table sat Dan and Phil who were currently playing a guessing game.

"Okay okay guess who I am. I'm...wearing a suit. I look really stupid and am doing a monkey face right now. Woah okay now i'm kissing someone." Dan smirked.

"CHRIS!" Phil exclaimed loudly.

"Yeah?" Chris said loudly looking at the two from the middle of the room. He shot them a cheesy smile, waving excitedly. He looked like a little kid today, his eyes seemed brighter than usual.

Pj too, he seemed full of more excitement, both acting like obnoxious kids. They still annoyed Dan alot, including scaring him at any chance from coming up behind him.

Chris practically skipped over to Dan with a smile. "I'm fucking married." He grinned widely.

"No shit." Dan rolled his eyes, grinning cheekily

Pj also joined them, grabbing Chris' hand and swinging it. "Oh um Dan, Phil, Dil and his date are over there talking to some lady and you might wanna check it out." He said, pointing  behind them.

The two quickly got up and hurried across the room where a lady seemed to be getting frustrated and red with anger whilst talking to the two of them.

"Is something wrong here?" Phil asked, standing besides Dil and Kei.

"Yeah she's being an idiot!" Dil exclaimed, placing his hand in his hip and rolling his eyes.

Phil elbowed Dil quickly. "Shh. What happened?"

"Mr Howelter, she was staring at me for a while so we were asking her to politely stop but she keeps spitting homophobic slurs at us so please don't punish Dil." Kei said, biting his lip resisting the urge to simply punch the lady.

Phil turned to the lady who had her arms crossed. Dan stood behind Phil, watching for now.

"I'm not saying homophobic slurs. I'm just saying that your kind is wrong. You could be such a beautiful straight but they've changed you into a gay." She said angrily towards Kei.

"Our kind is not some sort of disease." Phil replied casually.

"It's disgusting." The lady said under her breath. "Faggots." She rolled her eyes.

Dan, Kei and Dil were all about to say something before Phil took the chance.

"I've grown up with people like you all my life. If you think those kind of words will harm me in any way, then think again." He laughed.

Eventually the lady was escorted away, but Dan couldn't help but be utterly amazed.

"You're so cool." He breathed out.

Phil grinned. "I wish! I just wanted to look cooler in front of Dil and you! I showed her! I'm over those kinds of words, it's not like they physically harm me in any way."

Dan smiled warmly, never feeling prouder.

~~

"That lady
was crazy. I was about to actually punch her." Dil spat, checking out his reflection in the empty bathroom mirrors.

Kei grinned. "Trust me, it looked like you're dads were about to do that first."

Dil laughed and nodded. He fixed his fringe once more, peering over at Kei who was doing the same. Dil suddenly felt an urge then.

Kei smiled at his reflection to himslef, fixing his tie. His eyes looked brighter and hair looked shiner. And his lips looked pinker.

A weird urge. Those urged where some force in your body is telling you to do something, like when you are near a really high cliff edge and feel like jumping.

It was a feeling of warmth that hit him and before he knew it, he took two steps closer to Kei. Kei looked down at him, puzzled.

"The hell's wrong with you?"

Dil shrugged. "Let me do this thing." He mumbled, tiptoeing and reaching his hands at the back of Kei's neck, bringing him down and closer to his face.

Dil planted a small soft kiss on the side of Kei's lips, just missing them. He pulled away and smiled, heart beating exhilaratingly fast. "That felt good."

Kei stood in shock, frozen and unsure of what to do next. "W-Why did you just kiss me on the side of my lips?"

"Side?"

Kei nodded slowly. "Side..."

"I fucking missed!" Dil whined, dragging his arms and legs as he left the bathroom in embarrassment.

Kei followed behind like a statue, face frozen and mind running around in havoc.

xx