Chapter 13

Dil rushed around the house in a panic state looking for another sock whilst frantically attempting to brush the slight curls out of his hair.

"PHIIIL WHERE'S THE STRAIGHTENER?" His dad's rang across the house from upstairs. Dil dove into the laundry basket full of freshly washed clothes, grabbing a random sock and slipping it on.

"UNDER THE BED." Dil heard Phil called back.

Dil raced back upstairs. "I NEED THE STRAIGHTENER." He said loudly in across the house and running to his room to grab his black shoes.

"MY HAIR'S CURLIER." Dan called back, attempting to burn his short hair.

Dil moped, dragging his feet to his parents' room where Dan was sitting on the bed straightening his hair. Phil was fixing his tie in the mirror.

"Dad can you buy me my own straightener for Christmas please?" Dil moped.

Phil turned and nodded. "Hurry up and put your tie on, the cars coming in a few minutes."

"Why didn't anyone wake me up earlier?!" Dil huffed.

"I put Dan in charge of alarms but he put it on snooze. Five times." Phil laughed to himself.

Dil glared at his other dad who simply stuck his tongue out at him. He peered down and raised an eyebrow at Dil's two socks. One was of foxes and the other of different shades of black. "Are you wearing my sock?"

Dil glanced down at his dad's socks, wearing the matching fox one. "Only because you're wearing mine!" He exclaimed, pointing.

"Boys, we don't have time to bicker about this hurry up and get ready!" Phil ordered, brushing his bedhead quickly. "Our best friends' wedding day and we end up running late." He muttered to himself.

Dil huffed again, running to his room and slipping on a black suit blazer and dark blue tie.

Phil threw Dan his black tie across the room as Dan tried to quickly slip his shoes on. Phil adjusted his own light blue tie once more, turning to Dan. "Ready yet?"

Dan nodded, clumsily doing up his tie just as a car beeped loudly from outside. Phil jumped, grabbing his keys, money and wallet, stuffing them into his pocket.

"Kei's not here yet." Dil pouted, leaning against the door frame fiddling with his tie. "I don't understand why the invitation said a date was required, it's stupid."

"We'll pick him up on the way then." Dan replied, grabbing his stuff. "It says that because you won't get lonely."

"I would rather bring a pet." Dil huffed.

All three ran downstairs in a hurry, running to the front door and opening it to see Kei waiting with a smile. "You're a bit late." He laughed at the three.

Dan locked the door behind them and they hurried to the awaiting car. Inside was a driver awaiting patiently. Their friends had ordered for a driver to pick them up in a giant coach along with almost everyone else.

Dan and Phil hopped on one of the front rows as Dil and Kei climbed to the back seats. Dil sat against the windows, plugging in his headphones readying himself for the three house journey to some wedding hall thing. However as each stop went by until the very last, more people piled in as Dil was squished to the window uncomfortable. Luckily Kei was on the other side next to strangers instead of him.

Dil peered up at Kei's lanky arm uncomfortably squashed between them. He grabbed Kei's arm, tucking it behind himself making it more comfortable for him as his hand rested on his hip.

"I'm squashed." Kei grunted, blinking a few times after yawning.

Dil also yawned, shuffling closer to the side of the car as Kei shuffled towards him more. "You said you were squashed." Dil laughed.

"I'm not squashed when I'm next to you, i'm squashed when i'm next to a stranger." He half laughed.

Dil rolled his eyes, dropping his head to rest on Kei's shoulder, quickly falling asleep. An hour or so later he was awoken by Kei as everyone piled out of the car.

They all yawned and stretched their aching limps, waddling into the church. Dil grabbed Kei's arm, pulling him down to his height.

"You're my date so you can't leave me okay? I'm too socially inept without someone by my side." He whispered

Kei rolled his eyes. "Don't worry."

Dil sighed a sigh of relief, linking arms with Kei.

"Idiot." Kei muttered with a small smile as they made their way into the church and sat down on the front seats.

"So how do you know the two?" Kei asked, looking around.

"They've both been my dads' close friends since secondary school I think. And they're like my uncles in a way because they use to babysit me a lot too." Dil replied, looking around for his dads, unable to find them.

"Uncles? So there's two guys?" Kei asked, nodding to himself. "One more question."

Dil nodded.

"Is everyone gay in your family?"

Dil thought to himself before nodding. "Probably."

xx

A/N:

Wedding af wahey 😎 i feel de ja vú writing this idk...

Also my prayers are sent out to paris, Japan, Beirut, Mexico, Lebanon and all of the other places in distraught right now. Stay safe guys x Also isis is heading for Britain too next so stay safe guys wherever you are :(

xx