remember - luke hemmings *tumblr*

super long imagine bc 8k reads

[Y/N]: Your Name

[Y/L/N]: Your Last Name

You were never really nervous to arrive at award shows. They had become a natural part of your life and showing up at a red carpet with a beautiful dress on made you feel like you were on top of the world. You loved talking to people, meeting fans and seeing some of your friends that you'd made through the music industry there too.

You were wearing a beautiful, rose gold gown. It was of silky fabric and met your feet at the perfect length. Your hair was straightened and tied back into a high ponytail, falling to the middle of your back. And you were proud of how great your winged eyeliner looked with your natural makeup look. To say the least, you felt exquisite.

You'd recently released your second album, named Badlands, and it had been doing really well. It had reached number on in the Billboard Charts on its first day of release and just under a million copies had been sold in the first week of release. Many celebrities were getting behind you and supporting your new style of music and you were really proud of yourself as an artist.

However, in the first week of your album release, you'd gone through something you'd never expected to have dealt with in such a high moment in your life. It had only been a few weeks ago that you'd ended things with your former boyfriend, Luke Hemmings of 5 Seconds Of Summer, and the thing you hated most was that most of the songs on Badlands were either written with or inspired by him.

Promoting your album was still elevating and still kept you on cloud nine but there were too many moments when a song would remind you of experiences with him or something else.

No one had expected it, though. You never did. You were both so happy and had been in such a happy place in your relationship. Everyone enjoyed updates on [Y/S/N] and they loved hearing about how ecstatic you two were together. The constant photos of you two in public never got old and it was the first time Luke's fans had actually taken a liking toward someone he dated.

Although, Luke had said that there were things in his life right now that he didn't want to have to put either of you through. You were about to go on tour to promote Badlands and Luke was just about to release 5SOS' new album, Sounds Good Feels Good, which would mean a guaranteed tour.

So as you walked onto the red carpet, you put on your best smile, a hand on your hip. You did your best to act like you were most happy because you'd just released a highly successful album and you tried to let the paparazzi know that you weren't thinking about the breakup between your former boyfriend of one year, during the first week of your album's release.

"[Y/N]! Over here!" An interviewer shouted you over after you were done with pictures. You walked their way in your nine-inch heels, bracing yourself for questions about your split with Luke, rather than your album.

"Hi, how are you?" You smiled politely, greeting the interviewer with a hug and a bright grin that you were sure looked too good to be true.

"I'm good! You must be, too, with the release of your new album and all. Congratulations!" The interviewer gushed and you watched as they held the microphone out to you, obviously expecting a thanks that you were willing to give - anything not to talk about Luke.

"Thank you!" You laughed a little, hearing the screaming fans shouting for you, you almost couldn't concentrate over their shouting. "We weren't actually to be expecting it be as successful as it's proven to be so that was great and, now, with this album, I feel like I'm releasing a truer side of me than my first album. So, it feels good to know that everyone's loving an album that's definitely me."